What Does My Sewer Line Do
Each of the drains in your home is technically part of your sewer system. But, the main part of the sewer system is buried in the ground under your home.
This part of the system consists of pipes and fittings that all work together to capture all of the used water and waste materials from the various drains and plumbing appliances throughout your home and carry it all to the municipal sewer pipe, where it is carried away to the treatment facility.
The system can be simplified into these steps:
- You brush your teeth at the bathroom sink
- The water, toothpaste, and spit all goes down the drain in the bottom of the sink
- These waste materials then move through the drain system and to the main sewer line
- The main sewer line carries the waste materials out to the municipal sewer pipe
- The municipal sewer pipe carries the waste materials to the treatment facility
This process is repeated every time you use your kitchen sink, bathroom shower, toilet, and any other plumbing appliance or fixture.
As you can imagine, there are many things that can go wrong with your sewer line due to all of this repeated use, and the nature of the materials it handles.
But, not to worry, our team of experts has the skills, training, and special equipment to handle any kind of sewer line problem that you are dealing with. If you need sewer line maintenance or repair - you can simply call us 24/7. And, if you are having a really bad day and are in need of sewer line replacement, we have the equipment and training to provide trenchless sewer line replacement services.
What Are Some Signs That I May Need Sewer Line Service?
Since your sewer system is used all day long by a variety of people in your home, you can bet that something will go wrong on occasion.
The best way to avoid a sewer line disaster is to catch small issues and repair them quickly before they escalate into major problem. Luckily, your sewer line will give you some signs that it is in trouble:
- It is nearly impossible for the toilets in your home to work properly if there is a sewer line problem. So, if more than one toilet is gurgling, filling with water and then losing water, or any other kind of strange behavior - you likely have a sewer line problem
- A gurgling noise or strong odor coming from out of your drains is a clear sign that you should contact us for inspection
- Puddles in your yard that have an odor or discoloration
If you notice any of these signs of sewer line trouble in and around your home, make sure that you contact our office right away. We can easily assess the trouble, and give you recommendations for the best course of action.
What Are My Options For Sewer Line Repair?
If your sewer system is showing signs of trouble, and it is deemed that sections of your sewer system need to be replaced, not to worry - our team has the equipment and specialized training to provide you with trenchless sewer line replacement.
Trenchless sewer line replacement is the process of repairing or replacing sewer line pipes - without needing to dig giant trenches on your property.
Some examples of sewer line services include:
- Pipe relining: Our team will insert a sleeve into your existing pipes, which adheres to the inside walls of your pipes and creates a hardened layer that serves as a pipe within a pipe.
- Pipe bursting: If your repair needs are greater than what pipe relining can provide, we will use pipe bursting, where we remove your existing pipes and install new ones without digging trenches
- Prevention: The best way to repair a sewer system problem is to just never have one! And, a big piece of prevention is regular maintenance. Our team can provide you with video inspection services that will give you a current assessment of exactly how your pipes are looking
If ever you have an issue with your internal or external sewer line, and you need sewer line maintenance, repair, or installation in San Marcos or surrounding CA areas all you have to do is contact us! We have years of experience and training in dealing with all types of sewer line services.