Sarasota Water Heater Repair & Installation
Water Heater Repair & Water Heater Replacement Near You
Is your water heater system on the fritz? It may be time to consider water heater repair or replacement services to get things back in working order. The average home or business relies on its water heater more than most people realize. From hot showers to clean laundry to the perfect hand-washing temperature, we trust that our water heaters will give us the warm water we need to go about our daily routines. When something goes wrong, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Sarasota can be there fast to diagnose the issue and recommend the best solution to get your water heater back up and running. We will let you know if repair is an option or if it makes more sense to replace it—and you can trust us always to have your best interests in mind.
Call us (941) 960-7914 or request an estimate online to get the ball rolling on your water heater installation in Sarasota, FL today!
Call our licensed Sarasota plumbers right away if you notice your water heater:
- Taking longer than usual to heat water
- Not heating water to an adequate temperature
- Leaking water from the main tank
- Making sudden or unusual noises
- Producing rusty or foul-smelling water
We’ll arrange a prompt appointment for our plumbing technicians to come out and look at your water heater, then provide fast and effective repair or replacement.
How Long Do Water Heaters Last, On Average?
Like any piece of equipment, water heaters aren’t designed to last forever. Different types, makes, and models of water heaters vary, but the life expectancy ranges from 11 to 20 years. Many homeowners will start to experience issues with their water heater around the 10-year mark. At that point, depending on the scope of the problem, a Sarasota plumber may be able to perform repairs and extend the lifespan of the unit, or they may recommend water heater replacement as a more cost-effective scenario.
Should You Repair Your Water Heater or Replace It?
We understand that replacing your water heater can be a significant investment. You want to be sure replacement is the best course of action, not just an upsell or sales tactic. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Sarasota, we are mindful of giving you the full picture of repair costs and expected lifespan versus long-term savings and return on a new unit’s investment. Sometimes it absolutely makes sense to repair your water heater, and other times the clear choice is replacing it with a more efficient, fully compliant model. However, there are also scenarios where it could go either way. Our water heater experts are fully trained on the mechanical aspects of this vital equipment. We also stay up to date with federal and state water-use regulations, so we’re able to give you our well-informed professional recommendation.
Traditional vs. Tankless Water Heaters
When you require new water heater installation in Sarasota, you may be able to choose between a few different types of water heater systems to find the one that best fits your needs and preferences. Talk to our knowledgeable plumbers about which of these makes the most sense for your current plumbing system and usage.
Our water heater technicians can replace your water heater with one of the following:
- Conventional water heater – Sometimes called storage tank water heaters, this traditional unit consists of a sizeable multi-gallon tank that heats water using electricity or a gas burner and then stores it until needed. Newer high-efficiency models can reduce heating bills compared to older units.
- Tankless water heater – This system heats water rapidly and on-demand rather than heating and storing water. Tankless water heaters can reduce water heating costs significantly since water is only heated when it’s needed. They also take up far less space than a convention unit.
- Hybrid water heater – The best of both worlds, this hybrid system uses a tank along with a heat pump and preexisting plumbing and electrical connections for more efficient water heating. While it doesn’t save as much space as a tankless unit, a hybrid water heater still offers drastic savings on energy costs.
How Much Does Water Heater Repair Cost?
The cost of water heater repair varies greatly depending on the issue. Sarasota water heater repairs average around $575, though the cost can range from $200 to more than $1,000. Something like thermocouple replacement is relatively straightforward and nearly always worth repairing. On the other hand, leaks can be caused by several issues, and fixing them can cost closer to $1,000. If your water heater is older, it’s generally more cost-effective to replace a leaking unit since a brand new water heater plus installation averages around $1,000 for a conventional unit and $2,000 for a tankless model.
When you choose Mr. Rooter® Plumbing for water heater installation in Sarasota, you’ll benefit from our industry-leading warranties, which can save you even more money. As a locally owned Neighborly® company, we provide our Done Right Guarantee. Our water heater repairs are guaranteed for 90 days, and water heater replacement work is guaranteed for one full year. If your repair or replacement was not done right, we’ll make it right or give you your money back.