Sewer System Backup Services in Jacksonville, FL
What to Do When Your Sewer System Backs Up
Sewer system backups happen when a section of your lateral sewer line develops a clog or sustains damage. Once clogged materials completely obstruct your sewer line, the wastewater doesn’t have anywhere to flow. As a result, your wastewater seems to reverse its flow and begins to come up through your home’s drains, including your sinks and toilets. In especially severe cases, kitchens, basements, and bathrooms, kitchens can experience sewage flooding these rooms. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Jacksonville offers repair and prevention services for residential sewer system backups in Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach, FL. We perform clog clearing and repair damage deep in your sewer line without needing to dig trenches or destroy your yard. You can get more information about our residential sewer system backup services and reach out to us for service at your home.
How to Catch a Sewer System Backup Early
Identifying a sewer system backup as soon as possible is vital to fixing it. However, homeowners tend to fail to understand and spot their sewage backup’s early warning signs. If your sewer line and plumbing system give you any reason to suspect a blockage in your sewer line, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Jacksonville strongly recommends calling a professional to inspect it immediately. Some early warning signs you can catch to identify a sewage system backup include the following:
- Water flowing back through your sink, toilet, or shower drains
- Wastewater or sludge flowing back through more than one drain
- Puddles forming by the floor drain in your garage or basement
- Gurgling toilets and drains
- Usually soggy or wet areas around your yard (particularly between the closest public sewer main line and your home)
- A potent sewage smell coming from around your yard or any of your drains
How We Resolve Sewer System Backups
A clogged sewer line is the most common sewer line backup culprit. Many causes exist that can clog your sewer line, including hair and grease. One of the most destructive clogs develops because of tree roots infiltrating your pipes. Tree root intrusion occurs when roots start growing into the cracks, holes, and joints in your sewer line. This problem occurs more frequently than homeowners think. When a small leak happens in your sewer line, water from it slowly seeps into your soil. This additional moisture entices tree roots to grow and take advantage of. Eventually, tree roots reach and infiltrate the small crack in your pipe, enlarging your small leak and worsening the problem. As time passes, these intrusive tree roots can fill your sewer line. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Jacksonville uses a few different methods to repair sewer system backups, such as the following:
- New Lining for Pipes – Our team can effectively seal all cracks, leaks, and minor damage by inserting a watertight lining into your home’s sewer line. We can apply pipe relining to cover your entire sewer line, or it may just need to cover a compromised section. Best of all, we don’t need to dig trenches or tear up your property for this process.
- Hydro Jetting – Hydro jetting is one of the plumbing industry’s most effective methods to eliminate heavy-duty blockages like tree root intrusion in your sewer line. Our service professionals blast away clogs using high-pressure water jets. This technique doesn’t use chemicals, and it leaves your pipes completely clear of all debris, grease buildup, and tree roots.
- Rooter Work and Drain Cleaning – If your sewer line is clogged but undamaged, rooter and drain cleaning may be all it needs. We can break up any current clogs, clear out all your drains, and advise you on services that help prevent clogs in the future.
- Maintenance – Routine maintenance effectively prevents residential sewer system backups before these stressful problems occur. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Jacksonville inspects, cleans, and performs other maintenance services on your sewer line to keep it clear and let water and waste flow freely.
- Pipe Bursting – If your sewer line requires a complete replacement, pipe bursting makes installing a new sewer line more straightforward. Service professionals perform this trenchless process by breaking apart your existing sewer line and inserting a new pipe in its place.
When to Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Jacksonville
How do you know when your sewer line demands professional help from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Jacksonville’s highly trained and experienced team? You should reach out to an expert if your sewer system shows any of the above warning signs of a backup. However, there’s no need to wait for your sewer system issues to worsen before calling us to schedule an appointment. If you wish to protect your home’s plumbing system against possible future sewer system backups, our service professionals can help you by applying a sewer backup prevention system. We will meet with you, perform a system inspection, and give you a clear and accurate depiction of the sewer backup prevention system costs before any work starts.
Schedule Residential Sewer System Backup Solutions
When you experience a sewer system backup at your home, you need a seasoned plumbing team with extensive training to help you. You might already see water coming up through your home’s drains or just recently notice the telltale early warning signs. This issue requires immediate attention, regardless of how minor or advanced it may be. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Jacksonville is ready to help you with 24/7 live answering and scheduling services to ensure we visit as soon as possible. You don’t need to feel alone when a backup happens. Our team will gladly back you up with our years of experience, impressive work quality, and stellar customer experience! Contact us today to schedule a residential sewer system backup appointment.