How to Tell if You Have a Clogged Drain
You may notice signs of a drain clog, which will allow you to schedule repairs before there's a costly problem. If you think you might have a clogged drain, look for these warning signs:
- Water that is backing up from a sink drain
- Pools of standing water that form around shower and tub drains or on the floor by the sink or tub
- Water drains very slowly
- The toilet bubbles when you turn on the bathroom faucet
- Your drain makes a gurgling noise when you’re using the dishwasher or washing machine
- You smell rotting food from the kitchen sink or dishwasher or sewer odors from one or more drains.
Clearing a Clogged Drain Yourself
You might be able to clear a clogged drain yourself using a store-bought drain clog remover or plunger. If you have a clogged shower drain, you’ll need to call a service professional to use a drain snake or industrial drain clog remover. Here is the best plunging method to use on a clogged drain in a sink:
- Fill the sink halfway full of water
- If it is a double sink, cover one of the drains with a wet towel or rag
- If it is a clogged bathroom sink, cover the overflow hole
- Use a cup plunger centered over the drain
- Plunge up and down a few times to create a seal, then remove the plunger, re-center it, and plunge consistently for 2-3 minutes.
If using store-bought drain clog remover and a plunger doesn’t help, call our 24/7 live answering service to schedule an appointment.
Fixing a Clogged Drain Quickly
If you notice signs of a clogged drain, you should call a service professional as quickly as possible. If you ignore a clogged drain for too long or keep trying unsuccessfully to clear it with a drain clog remover, the buildup in the pipes can cause corrosion and breakage. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lubbock, we offer our customers an Advantage Plan that helps you keep up with plumbing maintenance and reduces your risk of a clogged drain or sewer system backup.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lubbock?
When you choose our service professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lubbock, you’re getting courteous, experienced professionals who have years of experience in identifying, solving, and preventing plumbing problems. We never charge overtime fees and are upfront and transparent about our pricing, so you always know what to expect. We are locally owned and operated, and our workmanship and parts are guaranteed. Our service professionals show up on time, in uniform, and a branded vehicle so you know exactly who you’re letting into your home.
Call Us Today to Clear Clogged Drains in Lubbock, TX
If you have clogged drains in Lubbock, TX, call us today at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lubbock. We offer convenient scheduling options via our 24/7 live answering service or online scheduling form. We also provide flexible service options for our busy customers and can provide upfront pricing, so you know what to expect. If you have a clogged drain in Lubbock, Levelland, or Brownfield, TX, call us today or contact us online to schedule an appointment or request a job estimate.