Clogged Drain Services in McHenry, IL
Trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing of McHenry
Crystal Lake, Libertyville, Mundelein, and McHenry, IL residents trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing of McHenry because we offer comprehensive plumbing solutions for a wide array of household issues. We work quickly and efficiently to clear your clogged drains and keep your wastewater flowing freely through your drains without obstructions to prevent and resolve slow-draining sinks, foul odors, and gurgling toilets. Residential plumbing systems are complex networks of valves, pipes, and other parts. This arrangement of components works together so that your home’s water and waste travel through pipes and drains smoothly. Your plumbing system’s drains are a crucial component. When a drain gets a clog in your home, it requires prompt, professional plumbing service to ensure your wastewater flows without issues and avoid issues like water damage.
How Important Are My Home’s Drains?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of McHenry is well-versed in how aggravating and messy a drain clog can be in your kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room. Your drains are responsible for one thing: transporting wastewater out of and away from your home. Generally, wastewater is riddled with particles, such as dirt, dust, soap, and food. These particles can slow the water flow in your drains and build up into complete clogs. Fortunately, you can count on our professional plumbers to carry out clogged drain cleaning services every time an obstruction slows or stops the water flow. We offer unbeatable drain plumbing services to restore unobstructed wastewater flow in residential clogged drains and plumbing systems. Small clogs in your drains might seem negligible, but they can escalate and cause damage and odors while backing up your tubs, sinks, and toilets. All drains in your home channel water and waste to the same place, so you can have issues in other drains when you have a problem in one.
Signs You Have a Clog in Your Drain
It’s not as easy to spot a clogged drain as you might hope. People tend to identify a clog by water flow stopping and sinks backing up, but you may need a drain cleaning for reasons other than this one indication. You can notice several other signs warning that you have a clogged drain. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of McHenry strongly recommends contacting our expert drain cleaners to assess your problem and resolve it if any of the following signs occur with your home’s plumbing:
- Backed-up toilets
- Bad odors coming from drains
- Gurgling and slow-draining sinks
- Toilets making bubbling sounds
- Water puddles forming on floors around sinks, bathtubs, showers, and laundry appliances
What Drains Can I Find in My Home?
All your home’s drains function with the same responsibility, and Mr. Rooter Plumbing of McHenry’s extensive expertise covers all issues impacting them. You can develop a drain clog because of various causes, so it typically takes a seasoned plumbing professional to determine the best solution. Below are a few drains you can find in a home and the reasons clogs form in them:
- Bathroom Drains – Hair, soap, and toothpaste are the most common causes of bathroom drain clogs. You can use simple drain covers on your drains to catch loose hairs washing out while you take a shower. Another excellent method is running hot water while brushing your teeth, ensuring toothpaste going down the drain doesn't harden in your pipes.
- Kitchen Drains –Oil, grease, and food bits are the main culprits clogging kitchen drains. When cleaning your kitchen after cooking and washing dishes, these elements flow into your sink’s drain. Particularly, oil and grease are very harmful since they stick inside your pipes and harden. While you can reduce your chance of a drain clog with a garbage disposal, you should never wash specific foods and waste down your sink drains, such as bones, meat, and fibrous vegetables.
- Floor Drains – Dirt, dust, and leaves are typical materials clogging floor drains throughout your home. You commonly find these drains in basements, garages, and laundry rooms. A clog in your floor drain can escalate and cause floor damage. While you usually don’t see these drains daily, you should still perform regular cleaning to decrease your chance of them developing clogs.
Useful Tips to Fix a Clogged Drain
An excellent place to start when identifying a drain clog is determining if your sink drains properly. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of McHenry helps whenever you have a clogged drain and has provided a few simple methods to fix it:
- Prepare a pot or kettle of hot water as your sink drains if it still has water movement. Boiled water effectively clears drain clogs caused by built-up and hardened fats and oils. Carefully pour hot water down the drain after it’s drained most or all the water. You should also schedule routine inspections and cleanings to keep your pipes draining optimally.
- A plunger and drain snake are also simple and effective at getting rid of clogs. Sink plungers are easier to manage in a tight space because they’re smaller, so you to pull a clog close to your drain’s opening using one with little to no difficulty. Using a drain snake, you can follow plunging by pulling the obstructive waste out of your pipe. Your best choice is to throw away the clogging material in your trash and not let it flow back down your pipe.
- Your next wise step is to call a plumber if the other methods haven’t cleared your clogged drain. An average drain snake won’t pull out clogs deep in your pipe system, such as tree roots causing clogs by growing in your pipes. You need more extensive plumbing services to resolve this clog type.
Schedule Drain Service in McHenry, IL & Beyond
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of McHenry’s residential cleaning services for clogged drains ensure your home’s drains stay in optimal condition. Cleaning your own drain might seem easier, but it won’t be as effective or long-lasting as the results you get from a professional plumber. Our professional plumbing team performs quick and effective work to clear your drains to keep your water flowing clearly and efficiently. Contact our office today to request an estimate and request plumbing services at your McHenry, IL home.