Water Heater Installation in Poughkeepsie
Having a lack of hot water in your home or commercial property can make it impossible just to live normally and complete your day-to-day tasks. As soon as you’re in need of a new water heater, you can reach out to Mr. Rooter Plumbing for fast and effective installation services. Our team of skilled professionals will ensure that your new water heater is correctly installed, lowering the risk of maintenance issues or damage down the line.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing’s water heater installation services are available to everyone in the Poughkeepsie area, whether you’re a homeowner or the manager of a commercial property.
How Do I Know If My Water Heater Is Failing?
When you keep an eye out for signs of a failing water heater, you can intervene before it stops working completely. But how do you even know if your current water heater is failing? In actuality, there are several important signs to look out for. A few of these are:
● Water is beginning to build up in or around your current water heater.
● You’re experiencing issues with water quality, such as visible sediment or rust in your water.
● The duration or temperature of hot water that your heater can provide seems to be dropping as time goes on.
● You’re noticing small pieces of plastic in the water that comes out of your faucets.
● The pilot light on the heater is broken.
● Your water heater is suddenly very noisy, or you start to hear banging noises within the pipes.
● You can smell gas in the vicinity of your water heater. If this is the case, you should shut off your gas supply and contact a plumber for emergency services.
Can I Install a Water Heater Without a Professional?
Unless you're a trained and licensed professional, you should never attempt to install a water heater. If you don't have any electrical or plumbing training, you could be risking your own life and safety or the safety of others on the property. You could also cause serious damage to your property or home.
To successfully install a new water heater, you need to be able to transport it, understand which additional parts you require, and obtain or possess a municipal installation permit. Your municipality will also need to inspect the finished installation, ensuring that it was completed safely.
Does My Water Heater Need to Be Replaced, or Can I Repair It?
You may be wondering if you need water heater repair or replacement. The answer to that is; it depends. Just because you’re experiencing problems with your water heater doesn’t necessarily mean that you need a brand-new unit. There are times when it’s possible to repair your water heater rather than replace it.
Whether you should replace or repair your water heater is largely dependent on the unit's overall condition and age. Sometimes, repairs will be too expensive, or your current water heater will have exceeded its warranty period. These are times when you may opt to install a new water heater instead of bringing in repair services.
If you’re located in the Poughkeepsie area, Mr. Rooter Plumbing is your go-to provider of water heater installations. To get started on your project, just fill out our online form andrequest an estimate.