Signs Your Water Heater Needs to Be Repaired or Replaced
Your home's hot water heater is designed to heat water, so you can use it whenever necessary. Catching a minor issue with your water heater early on can save you time, money, and hassle in the future. Our service professionals have experience repairing and replacing gas and electric water heaters of all makes and models. Call us if you notice your water heater isn't working correctly. Some of the most common signs your water heater should be repaired or replaced include:
- The water heater does not produce hot water fast enough
- The water tank leaks water
- The water heater doesn't supply enough hot water to finish bathing or doing other household chores
- The water heater makes unusual noises
Is It Better to Repair or Replace My Water Heater?
Unfortunately, all water heaters must be repaired or replaced eventually. One of the best ways to extend the lifespan of your water heater is by scheduling preventative maintenance services with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of San Angelo. Most residential water heaters last between 11 and 20 years before they need to be replaced. Professional water heater repairs can keep your water heater working efficiently, but it probably won’t last longer than two decades.
You can count on our service professionals to help determine if your water heater can be repaired or if replacing it is more cost-efficient. If you end up replacing your water heater, you can have peace of mind knowing we offer exceptional installation services, and upgrading to a newer, more energy-efficient model can save you money on energy bills.
The Benefits of Upgrading Your Home’s Water Heater
While we can repair all makes and models of residential water heaters, sometimes a replacement makes more sense. You might be spending too much on repairs, or your appliance may be at the end of its useful lifespan. Your new water heater will be more efficient than your last one, helping you save money each month on utility costs. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of San Angelo is here to ensure your new appliance complies with federally mandated standards. If your outdated water heater only produces lukewarm water, it's time to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model. Our experts can recommend a water heater based on your needs and space limitations. We can professionally replace your water heater with one of the following types:
- Conventional Water Heaters – A traditional water heater has a large tank that stores water. Conventional water heaters use gas or electrical energy to heat your water, and our team can install various sizes of conventional tanks based on your needs and space limitations. An efficient conventional water heater could reduce your heating bills by up to 7 percent.
- Tankless Water Heaters – This newer version of a water heater is compact and does not take up much space. Tankless water heaters provide hot water instantly and on demand. If you have space limitations or don't want to wait for the water to heat up, choose a tankless water heater, and you can save up to 30 percent on your energy costs.
- Hybrid Water Heaters – A combination water heater can help you save up to 60 percent on monthly energy costs. Hybrid water heaters combine a conventional tank storage water heater with a heat pump.
Schedule Water Heater Service Today
After allowing our service professionals to repair or replace your home’s water heater in San Angelo, TX, we recommend keeping up with preventative maintenance services to ensure your appliance works as efficiently as possible with no issues. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of San Angelo has representatives available to take your calls to schedule service. We’re happy to answer any questions, whether you’re curious about our replacement process or want an estimate for water heater repair cost. Contact us today to schedule a service!