What Are the Common Causes of Sewer Line Damage?
Understanding what can cause sewer line damage helps homeowners take decisive action when their sewer lines are beginning to fail. However, even homeowners who are careful about what they pour down their drains may find that external factors have led to the deterioration of their sewer line. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Santa Barbara County, we offer sewer line repair and replacement services for the following issues:
- Poor Maintenance – Your home’s sewer line may last for up to 100 years, depending on the type of material used. However, poor maintenance can lead to faster degradation of your sewer line.
- Debris Buildup – Paper products, hair, soap scum, grease, and other debris can clog your pipes and put extra pressure on your sewer line, causing them to crack.
- Tree Roots – If there are any large trees in your yard near where your sewer line exits your home, there’s a good chance tree roots are causing the issue you’re experiencing. Tree roots can work through the drain line, causing it to clog, crack, or collapse.
- Freeze and Thaw Cycle – The freeze and thaw cycle can cause the ground to shift. If the change is too sudden, it can cause your sewer line to break.
How Can I Tell If I Need Sewer Line Replacement Services?
A crucial element of preventing further costly damage to your home is to be able to identify common signs that your home’s sewer line is beginning to fail. Failure to act quickly can lead to a flooded basement or blackwater spilling into your home. When you choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Santa Barbara County for sewer line repair or replacement, we’ll come to your home, thoroughly inspect the issues, and recommend the proper sewer line replacement or repair services for your home. Contact us today if you notice any of the common signs of sewer line damage:
- Flooded Yard
- No Toilet Water
- Clogged Drains
- Gurgling Noises
- Sewer Odor
Sewer Line Repair and Replacement Services for Your Home
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Santa Barbara County provides residential sewer line repair and replacement services. One of the most disruptive aspects of sewer line repair or replacement services is excavation. As one of the premier plumbing companies in the area, we offer trenchless options, which minimizes the amount of excavation required. Learn more about our sewer line repair and replacement services, including the following:
- Pipe Relining – Pipe relining is a process to repair cracks and minor damage to your home’s sewer line. We start by cleaning out the pipe’s interior. Next, we feed a lining coated with an effective sealant which hardens in a few hours.
- Burst Pipe Hydraulic Replacement – We do everything possible to avoid replacing a section of your home’s sewer pipe. However, thanks to our innovative process, replacement is easier than ever. We use a hydraulic system to break down the damaged area, then pull a new sewer pipe through the old one.
- Preventive Pipe Maintenance – Routine sewer line inspection and drain cleaning services can go a long way to helping to prevent cracks and clogs along your sewer line.
Choose Us for Sewer Line Repair and Replacement
Homeowners throughout Santa Barbara, Goleta, and Carpinteria, CA, and the surrounding communities trust our experts for fast and reliable plumbing services, including sewer line repair and replacement. With the latest in innovative plumbing technology, we can provide fast, more reliable services without sacrificing quality. Our Neighborly Done Right Promise backs our work, so you can feel confident no matter the type of service you’re receiving, it will be done with care and professionalism. Contact our team today to schedule your service estimate.