If you need to have your sewer line replaced, it is because it isn’t able to be repaired or repairs are too extensive to be worth the expense. Most of the time a sewer line replacement service is an emergency problem. Very rarely does a sewer line replacement happen because someone decided they wanted it replaced and didn’t have something major happen in their home or yard.
Preventative maintenance is the key to repairs instead of replacement services. Unless you wanted a replacement, if you have regular maintenance for sewer and pipe cleaning, very rarely do sewer lines need replacement services to be fixed.
One of the best ways to make sure that you have a healthy sewer line yourself is to do a walkthrough of your home and on the outside of your house to make sure that you don’t have the signs of sewer line problems.
Signs of Problems
- You hear pipes in your home rumbling or gurgling.
- You notice a sewage smell in or around any area of your home.
- Your yard is sunken in or soggy. Many times, when a sewer line cracks under the ground, you will still see signs above ground. This includes wet ground, trees, and grass that grow better than everywhere else.
- If you have slow drains, you may need repairs or a replacement! If you catch it early enough, it should just be a clog.
- If your water bill is rising each month and doesn’t go down, you may have a leak in your sewer line or water line. One of the best things to do is shut off all the water in your house and see if your water meter is still going. Wait a few more minutes and watch it again if your meter is still showing that water is running call a plumber! You definitely have a leak.
Mr. Rooter in Santa Cruz, CA, will let you know if you need your sewer line replaced or repaired. Call us for an inspection today!