Is It Better to Repair or Replace My Water Heater?
Your hot water heater can last between 11-20 years if it is well-maintained and properly installed. However, there are times when it becomes more cost-effective to replace a hot water heater rather than continue to pay for repeated repairs. We can evaluate your hot water heater and determine if it's better to repair or replace it. These are the factors we consider when making our recommendation:
- Your water heater is over 15 years old.
- Your water heating costs have increased; i.e., if you have an electric water heater, your electric bill keeps going up each month.
- Your water heater isn’t providing enough hot water for your daily needs.
- Your water heater hasn't had any maintenance over the years or was poorly maintained.
- Your water heater is installed outside and has been exposed to the elements.
- You want a more energy-efficient or eco-friendly water heater.
- You want to reduce your water heating costs.
- You are paying for water heater repairs every year.
- Repairing your water heater would cost so much that it's more cost-effective to replace.
We Offer Gas & Electric Water Heater Repair or Replacement
We can repair or replace gas water heaters and electric water heaters. If you want to switch from a gas water heater to an electric one, we're happy to walk you through the pros and cons and help you find the best type of electric water heater for your family's needs. Likewise, if you have an electric water heater and want to switch to a natural gas water heater, we can help you with that, too. Both gas and electric water heaters have their pros and cons. Here's a look at the benefits of each:
- Natural Gas Water Heaters - A natural gas water heater is less expensive and heats water very quickly. You can enjoy hot water even if your power goes out. Gas water heaters are generally more energy-efficient, so your water heating costs are lower.
- Electric Water Heaters - Electric water heaters are safe, efficient, and never need relighting. They are also more eco-friendly than gas water heaters as they use clean energy.
Our Hot Water Heater Installation
If we determine that replacing your hot water heater is safer and more logical, we can help you pick a new one. We will consider your family's hot water needs, the size of your household, your patterns and lifestyle, and your budget. We can install these types of hot water heaters:
- Standard Water Heater - A standard water heater has a tank that holds 30-60 gallons of hot water. Once the water is heated using natural gas, electricity, propane, or fuel oil, it is stored in the tank until you need to use it. If you install a high-efficiency water heater, you may be able to reduce your water heating costs by up to 7%.
- Tankless Water Heater - A tankless water heater doesn’t store water in a tank. Instead, the water is heated very rapidly on demand using a heat exchanger. The heat exchanger can be fueled by natural gas, electricity, or propane. If you install a tankless water heater, you may be able to lower your water heating costs by up to 30%.
- Hybrid Water Heater - A hybrid water heater uses a tank to store water, but the water is heated by an electric heat pump. The heat pump pulls warm air from outside the tank and transfers it inside to heat the water. Installing a hybrid water heater can lower your water heating costs by up to 60%.
Call for Electric or Gas Water Heater Repair or Replacement
If you want to schedule an appointment for electric or gas water heater repair or replacement, call us at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Santa Cruz. We'll send a service professional to your home to inspect your water heater. Once we determine what's wrong with it, we'll carefully walk you through whether it's better to repair or replace your water heater. We want to make sure each customer makes an informed decision about hot water heater repair and replacement, so we are upfront about our pricing, how long the job will take, and exactly what to expect. To learn more about our residential water heater repair and replacement services, call our 24/7 live answering service or request a job estimate.