What Are Signs of Leaking Toilets?
It’s important to pay attention to the signs that your toilet may leak. The most common signs of a leaking toilet include the following:
- Unusual Noises: Strange noises coming from your pipes around the toilet may indicate a leak.
- Pools of Water on the Bathroom Floor: Unusual puddles of water on the bathroom floor near your toilet are an early sign of a plumbing problem.
- Uneven Floor: A slow leak may show itself with a bump in the flooring or tiles coming up near the toilet.
- Sewer Smells: Unpleasant odors like mold or sewer gas indicate a toilet leak.
Common Signs of Leaking Faucets
A leaking faucet may drip for months without anyone noticing and taking action. The most common signs you have a leaky faucet include the following:
- Dripping Faucet: Contact our team if you see or hear signs of a dripping faucet.
- Water Puddles: Puddles at the base of your faucets or rust-colored water below your faucets point to a plumbing issue.
- Skyrocketing Water Bill: When you receive an extremely high water bill, a water leak is the main culprit.
- Mold Smell: The smell of rotten food is often an indicator of a leak.
Water Heater Leak Signs
A water heater leak is often scary when you realize your hot water may be compromised. We take quick action to repair or replace your water heater. Common signs of a water heater leak include the following:
- Lack of hot water
- Uneven water temperature
- Dripping water noises around the water heater
- Puddles of water near the water heater
- Uneven flooring near the water heater base
Signs of a Washing Machine Leak
The most common cause of washing machine leaks is corroded washing machine hoses. Contact our service professionals if you notice any of the following leaky washing machine signs:
- Cracked washing machine hoses
- Pools of water near the washing machine
- Musty smell near your washing machine
- Loose hose connections
What Other Leaks Occur in the Home?
Our service professionals provide fast and efficient leaking pipe repairs for your home. We can help locate and service any type of leak. Besides major appliances, the other most common areas in the home that experience leaks include the following:
- Natural Gas Line Leak – The natural gas in your home that heats water can cause a significant problem. Carbon monoxide gas can be deadly in high amounts. The most common sign you may have a natural gas leak is a rotten egg odor. It’s critical to install carbon monoxide detectors in your home if you have a natural gas line.
- Broken Water Lines – Broken water lines can cause your water bill to skyrocket and leave a large amount of water damage on your property. Water lines are located in the walls and under your home. These leaks often go undetected until someone notices signs of damage. It’s important to get plumbing maintenance services to help catch any plumbing issues as early as possible.
How Can I Prevent Leaks?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Westchester NY works with you to help prevent leaks. We recommend taking part in our Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Westchester NY Advantage Plan. We offer multiple solutions to help avoid water leak issues. We advise against trying to repair the appliances in your home without the help of a plumbing service professional. We are extensively trained to handle all types of plumbing issues.
Schedule Pipe Leak Repairs Today
We offer comprehensive leaking pipe repairs in Westchester, Larchmont, and Scarsdale, NY. Our leaking pipe repair service experts work hard to locate your leak and offer a solution. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Westchester NY provides upfront pricing and cost estimates on your pipe leak repair costs. We back our work with a guarantee. Contact us today to learn more about our leaking pipe repair services.