Residential Clogged Drains in Youngstown, OH
Trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Youngstown
Calcutta, Austintown, and Youngstown, OH residents trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Youngstown because of our proven-effective plumbing solutions for a broad range of residential pipe, fixture, and appliance problems. We perform quick and effective clogged drain clearing to keep water flowing down your drains without debris or buildup blocking them and ensure your drains don’t develop foul odors, your sink doesn’t drain slowly, and your toilets don’t gurgle. A household plumbing system is complex and includes a network of components like pipes and valves. This complicated plumbing system’s components work together to ensure waste and water flow smoothly. Your plumbing system’s drains are one of its most integral parts. When your drain develops a clog, your best method to restore water flow and prevent water damage and other issues is getting prompt, professional service.
How Important Are My Home’s Drains?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Youngstown knows how messy and stressful a clogged drain can be to a household. Your drains have one responsibility: transporting wastewater away from your home. Wastewater is often riddled with particles like dirt, dust, soap, and food. These particles floating in your water can slow its flow and even build up into drain clogs. When you get a clog in your drain, our professional plumbing technicians can complete clogged drain cleaning services to restore your water flow. Our top-tier drain plumbing services cover wastewater flow issues in residential clogged sinks, tubs, and other drains. Small clogs can quickly and substantially damage your home as they cause bad odors and back up fixtures like your toilets, sinks, and tubs. If one drain has a problem, it can lead to issues developing in other drains because all your home’s drains flow to the same destination.
Signs You Have a Clog in Your Drain
Clogged drains can be more difficult to identify than you might assume. Usually, people notice a clog when their sinks back up or water stops flowing, but there are many other indications your drains need professional cleaning. Other signs you shouldn’t ignore can be found in your fixtures, around your appliances, and wafting in the air around your home. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Youngstown advises Ohio residents to contact our expert drain cleaners to assess their plumbing issue and resolve if any of the following signs develop in their homes:
- Backed-up toilets
- Foul odors coming from drains
- Slow-draining and gurgling sinks
- Bubbling sounds coming from your toilets
- Puddles of water forming on the floor by your bathtubs, showers, sinks, or laundry appliances
What Drains Do Homes Commonly Have?
All your home’s drains share the same responsibility, and Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Youngstown has ample experience resolving all issues impacting them. Drains around your home can clog for one or more of many reasons, so you typically need a plumbing professional to determine which solution is the best fit. We've listed a few common drains a home typically has and the reasons a clog may develop:
- Bathroom Drains – Toothpaste, soap, and hair are the most common bathroom drain clog causes. Installing simple drain covers that collect loose hairs washing down the drain during your showers can be effective at preventing material buildup. We also suggest running hot water while brushing your teeth to keep toothpaste from hardening in your pipes.
- Kitchen Drains – The main kitchen drain-clogging culprits include bits of food, oil, and grease. These elements wash down your drain after meals when you clean your kitchen. Oil and grease are specifically harmful since these substances harden inside your pipes. Garbage disposals can help avoid clogs, but you still should never wash specific foods down your drain, including bones, meat, and fibrous vegetables.
- Floor Drains – Leaves, dirt, and dust can easily clog floor drains in your basement, laundry rooms, and garage. You can end up with floor damage because of clogged floor drains. These drains may be out of sight most of the time, but you should keep them in top working shape with regular cleaning.
Simple Methods to Clear Your Clogged Drain
Your best place to start identifying a clogged drain is by determining if your sink drains normally. If your drain has a clog, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Youngstown recommends trying these simple methods to fix it yourself before calling a plumber:
- If there’s still some water movement in your drain, prepare a pot or kettle of boiling water while letting the water in your sink drain. Boiled water is proven highly effective at clearing clogs comprised of hardened oil and fats. When most or all the water in your sink drains, pour the kettle of hot water down your drain. Scheduling routine inspections and cleanings to keep your pipes draining effectively.
- Another DYI way to remove a clog is using a plunger and drain snake. Sink plungers are typically smaller than regular plungers and easier to manage, and they effectively bring clogs close to drain openings. After plunging your sink, you can use a drain snake to pull the built-up material from your pipe. You should never try to flush that material back down your pipe. Instead, we advise you to place the clog buildup in your trash.
- Calling a professional plumber is your next step if the above methods don’t clear your clog. A typical drain snake can’t pull out clogs stuck deep in your pipes, including clogs caused by tree roots. This clog type from intrusive roots calls for more extensive professional plumbing solutions.
Schedule Service in Youngstown, Austintown, & Calcutta, OH
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Youngstown gladly helps Ohio households keep their drains clear and water running smoothly with residential cleaning services for clogged drains. Attempting to perform drain cleaning on your own drains may not provide the most effective or long-lasting results you need, but a professional performing this service ensures high-quality long-term results. Our expert plumbing team clears your drains quickly and conclusively the first time, ensuring water flows normally and your drains have less chance of future obstructions. Contact us today to schedule 24/7 plumbing services or request an estimate on professional drain solutions for your Youngstown, Calcutta, or Austintown home.