When to Call Us for Hot Water Heater Repair and Replacement
There are some key issues to look for that may indicate you need hot water heater service. Contact us right away if you notice any of these warning signs that you need hot water heater repair or replacement:
- You’re not getting enough hot water for your household’s needs
- It takes a long time for hot water to come out of the taps
- Your gas or electric bill has increased suddenly
- You notice water leaking from the hot water tank, or water damage or stains on the floor or wall around the hot water heater
- You hear unusual noises from the hot water heater tank
- The hot water comes and goes while you wash dishes or take a shower
- The hot water is a strange color or smells odd
- You notice peeling paint, plaster, or wood on the floor around the hot water heater
Lifespan of a Residential Water Heater
In general, a hot water heater should last between 11-20 years. However, the lifespan of your residential water heater might depend on a few things, including:
- The type of hot water heater - its manufacturer, make, model, and features
- Maintenance of your water heater
- The quality of the repairs and maintenance done over the years
- Whether it was installed correctly
- Where it was installed (when a hot water heater is installed outside or on a roof, it may not last as long)
- Your local weather and climate
- Amount of use since being installed
If you aren’t sure if it is better to repair or replace your hot water heater, our friendly, knowledgeable service professionals can help. We will inspect and evaluate your hot water heater and be honest and upfront about whether it will be more cost-effective to opt for water heater repair or replacement. If you do need hot water heater replacement, we’ll walk you through the process of finding the right replacement water heater for your household’s needs and budget. A new hot water heater that is energy-efficient could end up saving you money on your water heating bills over time.
Finding the Right Replacement Water Heater
Finding the right replacement water heater for your needs is a quick, easy process when you have our help. Here is what we will consider when we’re helping you pick out an energy-efficient, eco-friendly hot water heater for your home:
- The Best Water Heater Size for Your Needs - If you have a large household or need hot water for many different appliances, you’ll want a water heater with a large tank that can quickly supply hot water on demand.
- The Energy-Efficiency of the Water Heater - If you’re eco-conscious and want to save money on your home water heating, you can choose an energy-efficient hot water heater.
- Your Budget - Your budget will give us a sense of the minimum and maximum you can spend on a new hot water heater.
- The Availability and Cost of Fuel - The availability and cost of fuel in your area will affect the cost of running your hot water heater. You can choose between an electric, natural gas, propane, solar, fuel oil, or geothermal energy hot water heater.
Common Types of Residential Water Heaters
If the age and efficiency of your current water heater mean you are considering hot water heater replacement, you can choose between a few different types of residential water heaters. Our service professionals have years of experience installing each of these types of water heaters for homes in New Jersey:
- Conventional - A conventional water heater stores water in a large tank so it’s ready when you need it and heats the water up using electricity or natural gas. If you install an energy-efficient water heater, you can reduce your water heating costs by up to 7%.
- Tankless - A tankless water heater doesn’t store hot water. Instead, it heats water up on demand, only when needed. This can reduce your water heating bills by up to 30%.
- Hybrid - A hybrid hot water heater combines conventional tank storage with a heat pump. It uses existing water and electrical connections to power the heat pump. A hybrid water heater can reduce your water heating costs by up to 60%.
Why Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Bergen County?
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Bergen County, we’re ready to take your call 24/7 and can quickly schedule home plumbing services when you need them. We offer convenient online scheduling options and provide transparent flat-rate, upfront pricing so our customers know exactly what to expect. Our technicians always show up on time and are prepared to complete any job quickly, efficiently, and correctly with minimal disruption to your home.
Reliable Water Heater Repair or Replacement in Midland Park, NJ
If you need fast, reliable water heater repair or replacement in Midland Park, NJ, don’t hesitate to contact us at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Bergen County. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service, dependability, integrity, and consistency. Just call us today or request an estimate online, and be sure to ask us about our Advantage Plan!