To best prevent drain clogs, avoid placing these items down your sinks and other drains:
- Coffee grounds
- Fibrous materials like celery or corn husks
- Fats and oils
- Solid materials
How to Unclog a Drain
Sometimes, clogged commercial drains can be relatively serious and must be fixed quickly by a professional to avoid additional damage to your building’s plumbing system. Others are simple fixes that can be performed by you or your employees.
When you have a clogged drain, you can attempt these methods to easily and effectively clear the drain:
- Kitchen: The handiest tool in your belt for most commercial clogs is a plunger. To try removing a clog in your kitchen sink, place a plunger over the mouth of the drain, forming a tight seal. Then, pump the plunger several times, checking to see if water is flowing. If not, then you can try to disconnect the drain trap — the u-shaped piece of plumbing under your sink. With that piece removed, you may be able to find and remove the clog.
- Bathroom: For bathroom clogs, you will also want to use a plunger, although not the one you use for kitchen clogs. If there is a clog in the toilet, form a tight seal over the drain and give a few strokes to the plunger, checking if the water runs through. For bathroom sink clogs, follow a similar process to clearing kitchen sink clogs.
- Floor drains: To effectively clear floor drains, clear the trap located underneath the backflow using a wet/dry vacuum to clear the debris, then use a drain snake to clear any remaining clogs.
Whenever you have a clogged drain, never attempt to use harsh chemicals to remove the clog. While these drain cleaners may appear to work initially, there is a high likelihood that the clog will return again in the near future. These cleaners may cause extensive plumbing damage to pipes and other components.
Benefits of Choosing Mr. Rooter Plumbing
When you trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Oneida with all your commercial drain cleaning and plumbing needs, you’re assured knowledgeable and effective repairs performed by experienced, trusted, and certified professionals. With us as your local plumbing company, you can also expect:
- Services performed according to your schedule to avoid business disruptions.
- Repairs done right the first time by local, licensed plumbing professionals.
- Upfront pricing before work begins.
Commercial Drain Cleaning Services in Oneida, NY
If you’re a resident of the Oneida, NY area and are looking for quality plumbing and drain cleaning services for your commercial property, contact the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Oneida. To learn more about our commercial services or to schedule an appointment, contact us online or call us today.