Well Water System Repair
Well Water System Repairs and Maintenance
For homeowners in Utica, Rome and beyond who rely on a municipal water system, your well is essential to your comfort at home. Like any other appliance, a well requires regular maintenance to ensure it is functioning properly. At Mr. Rooter® Pluming of Oneida, we can help ensure your well pump and other components of your system stay working their best year round. Our team of well water system repair experts is available for repairs, emergency service and regular checkups throughout the Oneida area. Contact our team directly for immediate assistance.
Signs Your Well Water System Needs Repair
- Low production: You might notice a significant drop off in the amount of water your well is producing if your pump has worn out, your system is leaking, or if scale or grease has built up in your piping or reservoir. Mr. Rooter Plumbing can provide well service pump repairs, trenchless pipe replacement and a range of other services.
- Water quality issues: Sediment and pollutants in your water supply may result from corrosion in your piping, failure of filtration components and other well system issues. Pay close attention to your water quality — if you notice unusual smells, tastes or colors, contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing for immediate assistance.
- Intermittent or short cycling : If you can hear your pump turn on and off rapidly, or turn on for no reason, you may require water well system repairs. When in use, a normally functioning pump should cycle every 30-90 seconds — shorter cycles can indicate damage to the pressure switch, pressure tank or the pump itself.
Well Water System Maintenance
In addition to being on the lookout for any of the above symptoms of damage, follow these few tips to ensure your water well system continues to work its best:
- Periodically inspect the well casing to ensure it is properly positioned at least 40 cm above ground level, or the minimum height recommended by the installer.
- Check the well casing seal and cover to make sure it is properly fitted and not damaged.
- Be sure contaminants such as salt, gasoline, fertilizers, pesticides and garbage are stored far away from the well.
- Visually inspect all seals and piping for signs of leaks; be aware that standing water on your lawn can indicate a problem.
- Make sure well vents are properly screened and not obstructed.
Repairs to your well system should only be undertaken by a professional. If you have any concerns or notice any signs of damage to your well, contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing today. We can provide fast and effective submersible water pump repairs and other service items including water quality testing, pipe replacement and more. 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our team is available to help you.