Septic System Repairs & Installation in Oneida, NY
Are you in need of home septic systems in Oneida? At Mr. Rooter, we specialize in septic tank installation in Oneida, Rome, Utica, and surrounding communities, and we also offer septic tank repairs in Oneida and throughout the area.
How to Choose a New Septic System
When you need septic pump installation in Utica, Rome, or Oneida, you’ll enjoy options — but options can sometimes feel overwhelming. As you search for the right septic system for your home, there are three key factors in your decision:
- Type: You’ll find two types of septic pumps: turbine and centrifugal. Turbine pumps are typically the most reliable pumps, and centrifugal pumps are more affordable. No matter which type you choose, make sure you’re getting a model from a quality manufacturer with a proven track record of helping homeowners effectively move waste freely and without blockage.
- Design: Soil is the key factor when choosing the best design for your septic system installation in Utica, Rome or Oneida. Before you speak to someone about a septic system, find out what type of soil is in your yard — sandy soil, gravelly soil or heavier clay soil. This will inform the best decision for your home.
- Size: Tanks should be as large as possible to ensure they are effective and they aren’t overwhelmed by use. A tank of 1,000 gallons should be the absolute minimum. If you have a large family that uses more than 500 gallons of water a day, it’s smart to go for an even larger septic tank.
Need help choosing the right septic tank for installation in Utica, Rome, or Oneida? We’re always here to answer your questions and provide expert guidance.
Once you’ve gotten through septic system installation in Rome, Utica, or Oneida, it’s time to keep your system operating at its peak potential. At Mr. Rooter, we can help develop a maintenance schedule that includes regular checkups and services to make sure your septic system is thriving. We develop maintenance schedules based on the unique needs of our individual customers. These maintenance schedules are designed to extend the life of your septic system and to help you avoid inconvenient emergency repairs.
How to Avoid Septic Issues
You don’t always need an expert to help prevent emergency septic service in Utica, Rome or Oneida. There are many actions you can take — or choose not to take — that will help extend the life of your septic system:
- Dispose of grease securely and safely. Never pour it down a sink, toilet or drain. Septic systems can only handle septic-approved paper products and household waste.
- Don’t let leaks linger — fix them immediately.
- Get your septic tank cleaned on a regular basis. Every three to five years is a good schedule.
- Antibacterial soaps and cleaners can tax your septic system if used in excess.
- Rather than using a garbage disposal, find a way to compost your food waste.
- Limit water use in general. Simply taking shorter showers can help.
- Keep shrubs, trees and other plants away from your septic field. Their root structures can damage your system.
These ideas are helpful to avoid septic issues, but some issues can’t be avoided, no matter how vigilant you are. At Mr. Rooter, we’re always here to help with emergency septic service in Oneida, Rome, and Utica when the need arises.
Common Septic System Problems
Are you already having issues with your septic system? The need for emergency septic service in Rome, Oneida, and Utica is typically the result of one of three things:
- Roots: As mentioned above, keep plants away from your septic field because their roots can damage pipes and reduce the efficiency of your system. If roots are a problem, you may notice puddles or standing water.
- Leaks: Poor design or leaks may lead to rainwater pouring into your septic tank — which leads to overflows. Make sure your tank is rainwater-free and prevent these pesky and smelly overflows from happening.
- Overflows: Overflows can also be caused by a lack of pumping. Get your tank pumped once every three to five years to ensure your toilets flush easier, your drains clear smoothly and your septic tank in general stays in great health.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing, we serve as your go-to source for emergency septic service in Rome, Utica, and Oneida. If you’re having one of these issues or something else entirely, we can quickly identify the problem and deliver the solution.
Call Mr. Rooter for Service in Oneida, Utica, or Rome
At Mr. Rooter, we are here to serve you 24 hours a day. We can offer emergency septic system repairs in Oneida, Rome, and Utica, as well as septic pump installation in Oneida and these surrounding communities. If you have a septic system or anticipate needing one, make sure you have a trusted expert on your side who is always available to call for support.
Contact us today for a septic system repair or installation appointment, or schedule an appointment online!