With our licensed and insured plumbers using only the best equipment and most effective techniques available, you can rest assured that we will get the job done right.
If your water heater has any of the following symptoms, it likely needs repairs:
- Taking a long time to heat water
- Running out of hot water quickly
- Knocking sounds in the tank
- Water leaking from the unit
We're available 24/7 to assist you with water heater repairs, so you don't have to go without hot water for days at a time or worry about a leak causing unnecessary damage to your home.
Is It Time to Replace My Water Heater?
A water heater usually lasts around 8-12 years, depending on the model. But sometimes it might need to be replaced sooner than that. This will depend on a variety of factors, such as your usage and maintenance.
Signs of an aging water heater include:
- High Bills: If you notice an unusual spike in your energy bills, it could be time to replace your water heater. This is because older water heaters usually become less efficient over time and require more energy to heat up the same amount of water.
- Discolored Water: If you notice water coming from your taps that has a strange color or smell, this could be a sign of corrosion inside the tank, which would need to be replaced in order to prevent further damage.
- Leaks: If you notice any kind of leakage coming from around the base of your water heater, this could mean that there is a crack in the tank or rusted parts that need to be replaced as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage.
- Age: As mentioned before, most hot water tanks should last between 8-12 years depending on model and usage. If yours is nearing its predicted life expectancy it may be time to upgrade to a newer, more efficient model.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Pitt County, we understand how important access to reliable hot water is for comfortable living - so we offer expert plumbing services throughout Winterville tailored specifically for resolving all types of water heater issues! Plus, when it's time to replace your unit with a new model, we're fully equipped to handle the job.
Choosing a New Water Heater
When choosing a new water heater for your home, it is important to consider things like how many people are living in your house and how much hot water you use. Depending on the size of your family and how much hot water they use, you may need a bigger or smaller water heater.
It is also important to think about energy efficiency when choosing a new model since older ones can be less efficient and cost more money to run.
The main kinds of water heaters available include:
Conventional water heaters are the most common type of water heater. They are often called "storage tank" water heaters because they use a tank to store hot water. When hot water is used, cold water fills the tank and is heated to the desired temperature.
These water heaters are generally less expensive than other options but can use more energy to keep the water hot all day. They may also run out of hot water if the tank is emptied faster than it can refill.
Tankless water heaters are a newer technology that heats water on demand. They don't use a storage tank like conventional water heaters, which means they take up less space.
Tankless water heaters can be more expensive upfront but can save you money in the long run because they use less energy. They provide an endless supply of hot water but may not work well for households with high simultaneous hot water demand.
Hybrid water heaters are a combination of conventional and tankless water heaters. They use a tank like conventional water heaters but also have a heat pump that pulls heat from the air to heat the water.
Hybrid water heaters are very efficient and can save you money on your energy bills. However, they tend to be the most expensive option upfront.
Expert Advice from Our Winterville Plumbers
If you're unsure about which water heater might be right for you, don't worry! Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Pitt County can help. Our certified plumbers have the expertise to help you choose the perfect water heater upgrade for your home. Plus, we can conduct routine maintenance on your current unit to help extend its lifespan and improve its efficiency.
Request a job estimate today for reliable plumbing repair services in Greenville, Rocky Mount, Wilson, and beyond!