If winter is hectic at your Sacramento, CA, home, then it is easy to wait on plumbing problems for a few months. While this may seem like a good idea, because the holidays are over and you have more time to focus on home improvement, waiting could mean that you have a disaster in your home.
- Leaky pipes can become significant issues in a small amount of time. Even if you place a bucket under a dripping pipe, you may find that the pipe bursts on a freezing day, or a leak that becomes much more substantial. The water damage from a leaking pipe can end up causing significant repairs to your bathroom or kitchen.
- If you have problems with your water heater, it is always better to have it inspected sooner than later. If rust or corrosion is inside your tank water heater, then you should have a replacement right away. Waiting increases the risk of flooding and water damage in your home.
- Pipes that make banging, gurgling, or other noises should have an inspection right away. While this often happens in older homes, it is usually a sign that there is something wrong with your sewer system.
- A toilet that overflows a lot is a hazard. The toilet water is dangerous and spreads bacteria and viruses. Your flooring may also need replacing if it is severe and not cleaned properly. Having your drains cleaned should help solve this problem.
- The smell of sewage in your yard or home needs to be addressed right away. If you notice these odors regularly, then you could have a broken sewer line that can damage your house quickly. The foundation, landscape, and the walls of your home are all in danger of needing replacement or major repairs if you have a broken sewer line.
- If you have problems with your appliances leaking, you should have the water lines and pipes running to your appliances checked right away. Getting them checked could mean replacing something simple, rather than repairing damaged flooring, walls, and appliances.