Residential Sewer System Backup Service in Sacramento, CA
Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Sacramento for Sewer Backups
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Sacramento is your local source for reliable sewer system backup repair services in Sacramento, CA. The sewer pipes connected to your home are responsible for carrying wastewater out of your property, but this complex system can develop issues overtime. Tree roots in your property can cause blockages, as can other types of debris. Whatever problem your sewer or septic system is facing, our service professionals can provide a solution.
Signs You Might Have a Sewer System Backup
Like many plumbing problems, residential sewer system backups can be spotted by homeowners as they develop. The sooner you contact us to repair sewer system backups, the quicker we can get things back to normal for you. Warning signs of a blockage include:
- Multiple drains in the house back up
- A single backup in a toilet, shower, or sink
- Strong odors of sewage from drains or around the property
- Gurgling sounds coming out of drains
- Basement floor drains backing up
How Do Tree Roots Cause Sewer System Backups?
Underground tree roots are one of the most common contributors to sewer system problems for property owners. Why? Tree roots need water to grow, and they're attracted to moisture. When the septic pipes running in the ground form condensation or leak, roots will move in that direction and quickly enter through the tiniest cracks and crevices they can find in those pipes. As the roots take in water, they continue to grow, worsening problems and blockages until sewage backs up into sink drains and toilets in your home.
Trusted Solutions for Residential Sewer System Backups
Whether your problem is caused by tree roots or other debris stuck somewhere in your sewer system, you can count on our local service technicians for help. Our team is fully equipped to provide comprehensive plumbing system maintenance to fix your problem correctly the first time. Solutions for sewer system backups include:
- Rooter Services – This is a high-powered method of punching through tree roots and other tough clogs. The first step is to clear the blockage and then move forward with permanent repair of the pipes.
- Hydrojetting – Pressurized water jets are a safe and effective solution to move clogs out of the way while simultaneously giving the pipes a deep clean.
- Pipe Lining – We install lines inside the pipe walls to seal off any cracks and leaks that have been attracting tree roots.
- Pipe Bursting – If your pipes are ancient and in rough shape, we might suggest breaking them apart and installing new sewer pipes using a seamless system to avoid future leaks and cracks.
Signs and Problems of Septic System Backups
If your home has a septic system, a backup can cause more trouble than a clogged pipe. We advise homeowners to call for help as soon as they notice slow drainage in their homes. Reacting at this early stage can reduce the possibility of hazardous conditions on the property. Signs of a septic backup include:
- A toilet that flushes or drains slowly
- Multiple drains in the home clearing slowly
- Strong, odorous, dark liquid in toilets or drains
- Very green grass around the septic tank in the yard
- Strong sewage odors around the property
Have a Sewer Backup Prevention System in Place
The best way to manage a sewer or septic issue is to avoid them altogether. Of course, we know that's not entirely possible, but good habits can reduce their likelihood, and a sewer backup prevention system cost will be less than any major repairs an issue might require. What can you do?
- Keep up with regular maintenance
- Have your tank pumped routinely
- Avoid planting trees near pipes
- Ask about our Advantage Plan®