Sewer System Backup Services in Wesley Chapel, FL
Protect Yourself With a Sewer Backup Prevention System
Many things can cause the wastewater in your sewage lines to back up into your sinks, bathtubs, and drains. In the most severe cases, sewer system backups can cause thousands of dollars of damage and completely upend your family’s life. That’s why it’s important to call a professional the moment you notice the signs of a septic tank or sewer system backup. Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of Wesley Chapel offers sewer backup system services in Wesley Chapel, Florida, and the surrounding areas of Lutz, Land O’Lakes, and Odessa. We’ll help clear your sewer system backup and install a sewer backup prevention system. Sewer backup alarm systems can warn you at the first sign of one. Learn more about our sewer system backup services.
Warning Signs of a Sewer System Backup
If you’ve never dealt with a sewer system backup before, you might not even recognize the signs when the city sewer system backs up into your basement. There are many different ways that a sewer backup can be noticed. Some of the most common signs that your sewer system is backing up include:
- Standing water around basement drains
- Multiple drains filling with dirty water or sludge
- Water flowing out of the toilet, shower, or sink drains
- Unpleasant odors coming from your home’s drains
- Gurgling sounds coming from drains or toilets
Combating Tree Root Intrusion
Many issues can cause a sewer system backup. Since your sewage line is underground, it is susceptible to joint separation, cracking, and tree root intrusion. Tree root intrusion is a widespread problem. When a small crack forms in your sewage line, the extra water leaking into the soil will cause tree roots to grow toward the source of the leak. Eventually, tree roots will grow into the sewage line and can cause it to clog or burst. Because these pipes are so difficult to access, you will likely need the help of a team of professional plumbers, like Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of Wesley Chapel. If you have a sewer system backup, the services we might recommend include:
- Hydro Jetting – We can clear out some of the toughest clogs and blockages by blasting them with a stream of high-pressure water. This can also clean the gunk and debris stuck to the sides of your sewer line.
- Pipelining – If your sewage lines are cracked or lightly damaged, we can place a lining that creates a newly sealed pathway for sewage while using the already stable structure of your existing pipeline. Lining the inside of the pipes does not require trenching in your lawn.
- Maintenance – Catching clogs, cracks, and roots early is the best way to prevent a complete sewer system backup. We will inspect your entire sewage line and clean up any potential sources of a sewage line backup.
- Rooter Work and Drain Cleaning – Whether it’s snaking, hydro jetting, or just using our hands, we can help you root out any drain blockages that could be causing a backup, such as a sewer cleanout pipe.
- Pipe Bursting – Pipe bursting is a trenchless way of installing a new sewage line. We break it apart by driving a wedge through your existing pipeline, making room for a brand-new pipeline.
How to Identify a Septic Tank Backup
Even if your home is not hooked up to a city sewer system, your septic tank is just as likely to back up into your home or basement. While a septic system backup is very similar to a sewer system backup, there are a few differences. You will most likely need a professional plumber to help you clear away the backup. If it’s an especially serious backup, then you may even need professional help clearing away the waste afterward. This is why we always recommend installing a sewer backup prevention system. Some of the common symptoms of a septic tank backup include:
- Foul odors and black liquid in your toilets and drains
- Toilets take longer than usual to flush and drain
- A bad smell around your yard, especially in the area between your home and the septic tank
- Several drains are not draining
- Excessive algae or weeds growing in ponds near your home
- Greener grass around your septic tank system
Request Your Sewer System Backup Service Estimate Online!
When the city sewer system backs up into your basement, you need help right away. You can’t put off a sewer system backup until tomorrow because you don’t know how much worse it will get. Luckily, Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of Wesley Chapel offers 24/7 emergency services. Simply call us, and we will send the next available technician to you. If you want to arrange services, say, for installing a sewer backup prevention system, you can use our nifty online tool that helps you request a quote. Request your sewer system backup services estimate online!