April showers bring May flowers, but did you know April is also the month to celebrate National Lawn Care Month? As the winter blues get washed away with the April rains, it's time to start thinking about getting your lawn ready for new growth. Don't think a healthy lawn is important? Read these fun facts:
- A smaller size lawn (50 ft. x 50 ft.) releases enough oxygen daily to meet the needs of a family of four for 24 hours and absorbs carbon dioxide, ozone, hydrogen fluoride and other toxins.
- On average, eight front yards have the cooling effect of about 70 tons of air conditioning, while the average home-size central air unit has only a three to four ton capacity.
- Lawns help purify water entering underground aquifers because root mass and soil microbes act as a filter to capture and breakdown many types of pollutants.
- A buffer zone of grass around homes and buildings will help retard the spread of fire.
Lawn care doesn't just help the environment. This April, promote a healthy lawn and a healthy you!
- Mowing with a push mower is the equivalent of 150 minutes of moderate exercise, or approximately 75 minutes of vigorous physical activity.
- Mow down the calories! An average 150-lb adult can burn about 82 calories while mowing for just 15-minutes.
- Natural aromatherapy! Research has shown freshly mowed grass carries three plant compounds that act as a stress reliever.
Lawn care doesn't have to be a chore, but if you'd rather spend your time enjoying life in the process, then call the professionals at The Grounds Guys® for all your lawn care needs. For more information, you can visit http://www.groundsguys.com/
. Here's wishing you a world class day.