Our "Mondays for Moms" recipe this week is from Michelle Aliotti, co-owner of Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Santa Cruz in California. Her black bean salad is a tasty way to spice up any summer evening!
Black Bean Salad
- 1 can black beans
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 3-4 vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 oz. chopped cilantro
- 1 mango, peeled, pit removed and chopped
- 12 oz canned corn, drained (fresh or frozen can be used also)
Mix the above together in mixing bowl. In separate bowl mix ingredients for dressing:
- 1-2 cloves garlic (large) minced
- 1 red chili pepper, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
Pour dressing over salad and stir to combine. Add 2 chopped avocados and a bag of gourmet salad mix, chopped. Transfer to serving bowl, chill if desired and serve.
Thanks for sharing this recipe with us, Michelle! We'll have more fun summer recipes later this month. Here's wishing you a world class day.