14 Misconceptions about Plumbers
- Plumbers make a mess. At Mr. Rooter, this simply isn't true. We go to such painstaking lengths to respect your home that we actually leave it cleaner than when we found it. For instance, our plumbers are careful to park in the street to keep your driveway clear and they never walk on the grass. They even wipe their feet on their own door mat and wear shoe covers to prevent tracking anything inside.
- Plumbers are not professionals. Perhaps images of smelly, rude, plaid shirt-wearing men are what come to mind when you think of plumbers. Mr. Rooter plumbers couldn't be further from this description. They are clean, polite and wear a professional uniform. You've never seen a more professional group of servicemen than Mr. Rooter plumbers.
- Plumbers charge hefty overtime fees. Have a plumbing emergency? Better wait until regular hours to avoid overtime fees, right? Actually, Mr. Rooter doesn't charge overtime fees for after-hour, holiday or weekend emergencies.
- Plumbers take their sweet time getting to the residence. We have plumbers on call 24/7 to respond to emergencies in a timely fashion.
- Plumbers make up the price as they go along. Our plumbers draw from years of training and experience to produce an accurate estimate before they start on the job. They explain exactly what steps are required for the repair or replacement and how much it will cost so you can decide if you want to go through with it. You'll always get the price up front, before any work begins.
- Plumbers do the work and stick the customer with the bill. Our plumbers keep you informed of any additional problems they find with the plumbing or hiccups that may arise during the repair so you're not left with any unpleasant surprises on the bill.
- Plumbers tack on hidden fees. We have clear, upfront pricing and always keep you in the know regarding your plumbing bill. Our plumbers are honest and never overcharge for parts or labor.
- Plumbers take their sweet time so they can charge more. Our plumbers arrive promptly and get right to work. They complete the job with the perfect combination of speed and accuracy so the work is completed quickly with no callbacks required.
- Plumbers use industry jargon and make the customer feel stupid. Our plumbers want you to understand their process and explain things in layman's terms to prevent confusion.
- Plumbers make far-fetched promises. At Mr. Rooter, we only hire the most professional, experienced plumbers, but even they can't always work miracles. Our plumbers try their hardest, but they never make a claim unless they can accomplish it.
- Plumbers think they know better than the customer. On the contrary, our plumbers know how important it is to ask clarifying questions if they don't understand the problem. They respect your input and understand that you may have been living with the problem for some time now and therefore understand it well.
- Plumbers are loudmouths. If you've ever worked with Mr. Rooter plumbers, you know they speak respectfully and calmly without sarcasm or profanity. They never say anything behind your back that they wouldn't be willing to say to your face.
- Plumbers often arrive without the right equipment. While it's true that replacement parts may take time to arrive, every dispatched Mr. Rooter van is equipped to handle any repair, large or small. From indoor faucet leaks to tree roots in your sewer pipes, our plumbers can handle it all. Well-equipped vans prevent trips back and forth and let the job commence without delay.
- Plumbers are rude. At Mr. Rooter, courtesy is one of the most important tools we carry. Our plumbers treat you with the respect and chivalry you deserve.
We recognize that exceptional plumbing is about more than clearing the drain clog or fixing the garbage disposal; it's about assuring that you hired the right company from the moment a Mr. Rooter plumber enters your home. Contact us today to work with a different kind of plumber.