Farts and Crafts: Toilet Paper Roll Miniature Storage Baskets
MaterialsPosted By Mr. Rooter Categories:
- Toilet paper roll
- Hot glue gun
Make Your Toilet Paper Storage Basket
- Cut the toilet paper roll in half lengthwise, so that you have a rectangle instead of a tube. If you have time, you may want to lay the toilet paper rolls under a few heavy books after you cut them in half. This will help flatten them out and make them easier to work with later on.
- Fold the roll in thirds lengthwise, creasing them so that there is a visible line. Unfold the roll. It should be split into three equal vertical sections.
- Cut the four outer sections into three equal strips, stopping at the fold line. Cut the middle sections into triangles with the points out.
- Turn the roll lengthwise and fold the two outside strips in to meet each other. Glue them together, making sure that the top edges line up.
- Continue this, overlapping the strips and gluing each set. Last, fold the triangle up and glue the tip to the other strips. Repeat on the other side.
The baskets are small, but they are a perfect size for storing office supplies and small trinkets. They can also be painted or covered with paper or fabric, but even left plain they will have a great natural look.