How to Become a Plumber: Take This Quiz to Find out If You Have What It Takes!
1. Do you treat others the way you want to be treated? If you answer yes, you'll feel right at home with Mr. Rooter. After all, they don't call us "mister" for nothing. Our courteous plumbers take the Golden Rule very seriously and always treat customers with kindness and respect.
2. Are you punctual? Punctuality is another important part of being courteous to our customers. We pride ourselves in our ability to respond promptly to customers who require emergency plumbing repairs. As a Mr. Rooter plumber, you must respond in a timely fashion and be at the customer's doorstep as soon as possible after they phone in their request.
3. Do you use clean language? If not, you better clean up your potty mouth right now. Our courteous plumbers are known for speaking calmly and respectfully, never resorting to profanity or sarcasm in any situation. After all, many of our customers have young children, and it's especially important to use clean language in family environments.
4. Do you take pride in the quality of your work? ...Or do you tend to do things halfheartedly? Mr. Rooter plumbers are the epitome of a job well done. We take pride in our work, delivering the perfect combination of speed and competency. This gives us the ability to fix the problem right the first time around.
5. Do you have at least two years of plumbing experience? That's the minimum we require of the experienced plumber recruits we add to our team. You also need a master license and willingness to follow our system. If you have no prior plumbing experience, we still have a job for you as a plumbing technician. All you need to get started is a high school diploma, sales experience and a valid driver's license.
6. Are you ready for the physical demands of being a plumber? Be prepared for physical work and the need to perform heavy lifting at times. Metal pipes and equipment can be quite heavy, so you need physical strength and stamina to be a plumber. The job also requires the ability to climb, bend, kneel and crouch in order to complete various tasks. You should feel just as comfortable 50 feet up in the air as you do in a trench. The varying situations and problems our plumbers deal with from day to day prevent the work from ever getting boring.
7. Are you drug-free? We require background checks and drug testing of all our new plumbers. We promise to only send clean plumbers to our customers' homes, and occasional drug testing is one approach to help us keep our promise.
8. Are you ready for a job opportunity like no other? If you fit the profile of a courteous Mr. Rooter plumber, we want you on our team! We offer:
- Advanced opportunities to further your career
- Chances for ongoing education to maintain your license
- An excellent pay plan
- Flexible hours to meet your schedule
Our franchise-based company focuses on a core set of values aimed at helping our valued plumbers and plumbing technicians reach their personal and professional goals. To get your new career started, apply for a job with Mr. Rooter today.