This craft is super easy, inexpensive and fun for kids to try over spring break. Birdseed often comes in a medium-sized bag, which means there will be enough to make a ton of these little bird feeders throughout the season.
What you'll need:
- An empty toilet paper roll
- Wild birdseed
- Peanut butter
- Ribbon or string
- Use a knife to spread peanut butter over the entire toilet paper roll.
- Pour some birdseed on a plate or other flat surface.
- To cover the roll in birdseed, either roll it in the seed or sprinkle the birdseed onto the peanut butter with your hand.
- Once the roll is completely covered, take some ribbon and run it through the toilet paper roll. Tie the ribbon at the top, then find the perfect tree and hang it outside!
In the few weeks after hanging up your bird feeder, check on it and see how many birds are hanging out around it!