Rolls Repurposed - Thanksgiving Turkey
The leaves are changing colors, the air is growing cooler and our appetites are ready to indulge! November is full of exciting moments like these, so why not make it even better? DIY toilet paper roll turkeys are a fun way for children to celebrate the Thanksgiving festivities, all while being eco-friendly and cost efficient!
Here’s what you need:
- Empty toilet paper roll(s)
- 1 piece each of red, yellow & orange paper
- Googly eyes
Here’s what you do:
- Cut six long ovals (two of each color) of paper and tape them to the back of the toilet paper roll as the feathers.
- Glue eyes on the face of the toilet paper roll.
- Cut a small orange triangle for the beak, and attach directly to the face.
- To make the feet, cut the orange paper in the shape of a rectangle beginning at the top, and transition into a triangle towards the bottom. Attach with glue or tape.
Because this craft is so simple, creating a group of turkeys is quick to do. Assemble the finished products along the center of a table, or display throughout your home. It’s just a little twist on the typical “refrigerator craft display” that your children and guests will enjoy seeing!