Sometimes you can fix your own plumbing problems with a plunger, or by tightening something that’s loose. Other times, professional help is necessary to make sure the job is fixed right and your plumbing works well again. If you have plumbing problems in Bergen County, NJ, this summer, be sure to call Mr. Rooter to get it fixed quickly!
- The most common reason for toilet repairs is clogs. A clogged toilet happens for several reasons. A foreign object could be flushed down the toilet, or something simple could be the problem, like too much toilet paper. If your plunger won’t work, or you have sewage backing up into your toilet, this could be a sewer line issue.
- The flapper valve in a toilet can malfunction or get worn and need to be replaced. Some valves can be adjusted so the toilet doesn’t flush or run on its own. If this doesn’t work, you should have a professional come repair the toilet.
- You could have a loose pipe connection. If this happens then you may have a leaking toilet or leaks around the toilet. Sometimes this just means that the pipes need to be sealed again. Linings can wear out over time causing a leak.
- Washer bolds can wear out and create a leak under the tank. This will cause puddles of water to form under the tank in random places. This may be a simple fix, such as tightening a bolt.
- If your tank has condensation around it, it may be poorly insulated or have a different problem. A professional plumber can help you deal with the condensation that could cause mold problems.
- If your toilet is cracked at the tank, you could have a leak that is hard to pinpoint. This can cause structural damage just like any other leak. This can cause a toilet to keep running because it never completely fills up. Watch out for high water bills!
- Sewer line clogs are common repairs in the summer months because toilets tend to be used more and tree roots grow faster. If you have a sewer line problem, you may have soft spots in your yard or smell sewage in your home.