Drain Cleaning in Charlotte, NC
Local Clogged Drain Services & Sewer Cleaning in Charlotte, NC
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte is the trusted name in clogged drain solutions. Our professional plumbers and state-of-the-art technology allow us to inspect, diagnose and treat even the most stubborn blockages. Clogs in your Charlotte pipes are more than an annoyance. If not treated quickly, those blockages may become severe enough to cause damage to the rest of your plumbing system. In addition, clogged drains can quickly create an unhealthy environment for your family.
Our team is prepared to tackle your bathroom or kitchen clogged drains, slow-draining sinks, or foul odor emissions that can stem from clogged drains. Our Charlotte NC plumbers work with the most advanced technology that allows us to deliver quality clogged drain repair services in a speedy, effective manner.
Signs Of a Clogged Drain in Your Pipes
Homeowners often turn to DIY methods of drain cleaning only to discover the problem is bigger than it appears. Without a professional Charlotte plumber, it’s impossible to know the severity of the clog or any potential damage already caused by the blockage.
Be aware of the warning signs that you’re dealing with a clogged drain:
Drains make gurgling sounds after running dishwasher or washing machine
Toilet water gurgles when sink is used
Unpleasant odor comes from drain
Water drains slowly from tub, shower, or sink
Water pools on floor near bathtub or sink
If you find you’re constantly using a plunger or auger to unclog your toilet, it’s time to call a professional Charlotte plumber.
Types of Drains and Common Clogs
- Clogged kitchen drains: Remove the grease, fats, and food debris from your kitchen pipes and avoid kitchen drain clogs and backups.
- Clogged bathroom drains: Toothpaste, soap, toilet paper and the other many items that flow down your bathroom drains can create major plumbing issues. Routine drain cleaning keeps each of the pipes flowing smoothly.
- Clogged utility room drains: The floor drains of basements, utility rooms, and laundry rooms can quickly become clogged with large debris. Keep these drains cleaned to avoid flooding.
- Clogged sewer drains: When wastewater cannot be removed from your home, you quickly face a hazardous situation. Keep your sewer lines cleared to adequate waste removal.
- Tree Root Infestation: Trees are one of the most common culprits that most people do not think about. This means that one tiny root today, can quickly become a pipe full of nothing but roots in no time.
Clogged Drain Repair Services
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte is available to inspect and clear your home’s clogged drains. Our team can handle any drain situation. From the bathroom sink drain that constantly deals with toothpaste, soap and hair, to the kitchen sink, where grease and fats can easily create a layer of buildup, our team has the technology to handle it all.
With the powerful Mr. Rooter HydroScrub drain cleaning solution, our plumbers can clear your clogs in an eco-friendly, efficient way. With extreme water pressure, the plumber clears years of buildup and debris from the inside of your pipes. Water is forced through the line at nearly 4000 PSI, cleaning the waste, then pushing it out of your system into the sewer.
How To Prevent Clogged Drains
Don’t wait until you’re facing a severely clogged drain to take advantage of routine drain cleaning. We know your home will run much smoother if you’re not forced to call a Charlotte emergency plumber because of a backed-up toilet.
To avoid clogged drains throughout your house, use our plumber-approved tips:
Avoid certain foods in garbage disposal (Coffee grounds, banana peels, eggshells and potato skins)
Clean drain stoppers in tub and shower
Don’t pour grease or oil down the drain
Have septic tank professionally cleaned every two years
Never flush anything but paper and human waste down the toilet
Run cold water when using the garbage disposal
Run hot water down the drain after washing dishes to clear any grease
Use a drain strainer if you don’t have a garbage disposal
Why You Should Get Regular Drain Cleanings
- Clears years of debris: The hydro jetting services offered by Mr. Rooter of Charlotte harnesses the power of intense water pressure to thoroughly clean years of buildup and debris. Rotating jets of water are forced through a nozzle to ensure all areas of the pipe is cleaned. Waste that has built up along the pipe walls for years is flushed away with a single cleaning. Once the pipes are clean, your water flow is restored to its original flow rate.
- Detects plumbing problems: Small issues, like cracks or invasive tree roots, are made known when you choose HydroScrub from Mr. Rooter. Those small issues all have the power to affect your plumbing and water bill if left untreated. The camera inspection that’s done prior to the cleaning reveals debris, buildup, and invasive tree roots that are threatening your pipe system.
- Prevents plumbing failure: By adding Charlotte drain cleaning services to your yearly checklist, you avoid major plumbing problems like sewer backups and unpleasant odors seeping from your drains. The annual cleaning allows water and waste to flow freely to and from your home.
Is it safe to use baking soda and vinegar to clean a drain?
Yes, it is safe but only recommended for small clogs and pipes that can sustain hot water to flush down the chemical reaction afterward. You can learn more about natural drain cleaning alternatives, like baking soda + vinegar, salt + borax + vinegar, and more.
Commercial Property Drain Services in Charlotte
Apartment buildings, restaurants, shopping centers, office centers, and historic buildings have complex drain systems that require specialized care. Professional drain services tackle tough blockages, leaving your drains as clean as can be. Mr. Rooter Plumbing uses snaking and hydro jetting to remove clogs. Drain snaking uses an auger to navigate the pipes and break apart debris. The clog may be too severe and require a more powerful cleaning method. In this situation, our technicians utilize hydro jetting technology.
Hydro jetting pushes a powerful water stream through your drains. It blasts the pipes and clears anything in its path. Hydro jetting removes tree roots, garbage, grease, and large debris from your pipeline. It leaves your drains clear as well as exceptionally clean. After a hydro jetting treatment, property owners won't experience another clog anytime soon. Best of all, hydro jetting is 100% environmentally-friendly and safe for your pipes.
The Benefits of Cleaning Your Commercial Drains
Just like you take your vehicle in for an oil change every 3,000 miles, it’s essential to care for your business’s pipes. Your drains are the backbone of a healthy plumbing system. They carry unwanted wastewater away from your property and into your sewer system. When your drains are clogged, your entire business suffers. Your water pressure decreases and foul odors emerge. Drain flies appear to feed on the clogged sewage trapped in your pipes. All in all, clogged drains are fun for no one.
As a business owner, you have enough on your plate. You don’t need to add plumbing problems to your list of things to do. Regular drain cleanings prevent problems and keep your plumbing system operating. Clean drains reduce overflow and standing water in your bathroom sinks. Sanitary toilet drains reduce your risk of a sewage backflow. With clear drains, waste flows freely and quickly from your property, so you don’t have to worry about foul odors. New clogs are less likely to form if your drains stay clean.
Clogged Drains? Call Your Local Charlotte Drain Experts!
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte offers up-front pricing, superior workmanship and parts, licensed and insured plumbing contractors, and courteous support from uniformed professionals. Our plumbers will answer each of your questions and ensure you understand the process before work begins.
Call (704) 842-9508 to schedule your in-home drain cleaning estimate! We’re available 24/7 for emergency services.