Residential Drain Cleaning in Charlotte, NC
When Should You Call a Plumber for Your Clogged Drains?
Homeowners often turn to DIY methods only to discover the problem is bigger than it appears. Without a professional inspection, it’s impossible to know the severity of the clog. or any potential damage already caused by the blockage.
Be aware of the warning signs that you should get your clogged drain inspected by a plumber:
Drains make gurgling sounds after running dishwasher or washing machine
Toilet water gurgles when sink is used
Unpleasant odor comes from drain
Water drains slowly from tub, shower, or sink
Water pools on floor near bathtub or sink
Multiple drains are clogged
Clogs in your Charlotte pipes are more than an annoyance. If not treated quickly, blockages can cause damage to the rest of your plumbing system. In addition, clogged drains can quickly create an unhealthy environment for your family.
Causes of Drain Gurgling Sound
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte is the trusted name in clogged drain solutions. Our state-of-the-art technology allows us to diagnose and resolve stubborn blockages.
- Clogged kitchen drains - Remove the debris from your kitchen pipes and avoid kitchen drain clogs and backups.
- Clogged bathroom drains - Toothpaste, soap, and toilet paper can cause major plumbing issues. Routine drain cleaning keeps each of the pipes flowing smoothly.
- Clogged utility room drains - The floor drains of basements can quickly become clogged with large debris. Keep these drains cleaned to avoid flooding.
- Clogged sewer drains - If wastewater cannot be removed from your home, this is a hazardous situation. Keep your sewer lines cleared for adequate waste removal.
- Tree Root Infestation: Trees are one of the most common culprits that most people do not think about. This means that one tiny root today, can quickly become a pipe full of nothing but roots in no time.
Our team is prepared to tackle your bathroom or kitchen clogged drains. Our Charlotte NC plumbers work with the most advanced technology. This allows us to deliver efficient clogged drain repair services.
If you find you’re constantly using a plunger or auger to unclog your toilet, it’s time to call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte for assistance. Schedule Drain Cleaning with a drain cleaning specialist near you today! Give us a call at (704) 842-9508.
Drain Cleaning FAQs
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte is available to inspect and clean your home’s clogged drains. Our team can handle any drain situation. With our HydroScrub drain cleaning solution, we can safely clear your clogs. With extreme water pressure, we clear years of buildup and debris from the inside of your pipes. Water is forced through the line at nearly 4000 PSI. This cleans the waste and then pushes it out of your system into the sewer.
How Often Should I Have My Drains Professionally Cleaned?
Clogged drains are a major inconvenience. They can cause water to back up in your sink, shower, or toilet, and lead to foul odors and unsanitary conditions. While there are a number of products on the market that claim to clear clogged drains, the most effective way to clean your drains is to have them professionally cleaned by a plumber. Plumbers have the tools and training to quickly and safely remove blockages from your drains.
Most experts recommend having your drains cleaned at least once a year. However, if you have multiple clogged drains or notice a persistent problem, you may need to have them cleaned more frequently. Don't wait until your drain is clogged to call a plumber - by having your drains cleaned regularly, you can help prevent major problems down the line.
How To Prevent Clogged Drains
Don’t wait until you’re facing a severely clogged drain to take advantage of routine drain cleaning. We know how inconvenient emergency service can be.
To avoid clogged drains throughout your house, use our plumber-approved tips:
Avoid certain foods in the garbage disposal. This includes coffee grounds, banana peels, eggshells, and potato skins.
Clean drain stoppers in tub and shower
Don’t pour grease or oil down the drain
Have septic tank professionally cleaned every two years
Never flush anything but paper and human waste down the toilet
Run cold water when using the garbage disposal
Run hot water down the drain after washing dishes to clear any grease
Use a drain strainer if you don’t have a garbage disposal
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleaning
- Clears years of debris: The hydro jetting services offered by Mr. Rooter of Charlotte harnesses the power of intense water pressure to thoroughly clean years of buildup and debris. Rotating jets of water are forced through a nozzle to ensure all areas of the pipe is cleaned. Waste that has built up along the pipe walls for years is flushed away with a single cleaning. Once the pipes are clean, your water flow is restored to its original flow rate.
- Detects plumbing problems: Small issues, like cracks or invasive tree roots, are made known when you choose HydroScrub from Mr. Rooter. Those small issues all have the power to affect your plumbing and water bill if left untreated. The camera inspection that’s done prior to the cleaning reveals debris, buildup, and invasive tree roots that are threatening your pipe system.
- Prevents plumbing failure: By adding Charlotte drain cleaning services to your yearly checklist, you avoid major plumbing problems like sewer backups and unpleasant odors seeping from your drains. The annual cleaning allows water and waste to flow freely to and from your home.
Is it safe to use baking soda and vinegar to clean a drain?
Yes, it is safe but only recommended for small clogs and pipes that can sustain hot water to flush down the chemical reaction afterward. You can learn more about natural drain cleaning alternatives, like baking soda + vinegar, salt + borax + vinegar, and more.
Professional Home Plumbers Near Me
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte offers up-front pricing, superior workmanship and parts, licensed and insured plumbing contractors, and courteous support from uniformed professionals. Our plumbers will answer each of your questions and ensure you understand the process before work begins.
Call (704) 842-9508 to schedule your in-home drain cleaning or sewer cleaning estimate! We’re available 24/7 for emergency services.