Water Line Repair in Charlotte, NC
Water Line Repairs, Installations, and Emergency Services
If you are experiencing weak water pressure, discolored water or reoccurring drain clogs, you need professional water line services. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte is here to help! From diagnosis to water line replacement and water line repair, our experienced plumbing technicians will quickly diagnose the problem and complete the repair or replacement. We will provide you with long-lasting solutions and a job well done.
Call (704) 842-9508 to schedule emergency water line replacement or request an estimate online!
Water Line Repair Services
The main line is one of the most important pieces of plumbing in your home. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte, we’re proud to provide a full range of water line services including water line repair, water line replacement and water line installation for your home or business. Our team of licensed and insured plumbing experts are committed to providing outstanding water line repair service.
Our ability to repair a water line will depend on several factors including the age, the material of the existing water line and the source of the problem. We make every effort to repair a water line before considering water line replacement. If a water line cannot be safely repaired, our team will recommend a water line replacement.
Signs Your Water Line Needs Repairs
As a homeowner, it’s essential to know the signs you need water line repairs:
- Plumbing issues throughout your entire home. Your main water line needs maintenance if you’re experiencing issues throughout your entire home and not just in one specific area.
- Puddles in your yard. Your water main can leak and cause puddles throughout your yard. This is most likely to occur above or close to your waterline. You may see the puddles from afar or notice your grass is exceptionally green in certain areas.
- Water pressure drops. Your water pressure may drop significantly and suddenly because your water main is blocked.
- Increased water bills. In some cases, homeowners experience high water bills due to leaks throughout their water main.
- Moisture around your home. Consistent moisture surrounding your foundation weakens your home’s stability.
- Foundation damage and cracks. Cracks can form throughout your foundation. Foundation damages require extensive repairs that are costly for homeowners.
Video Camera Inspections for Repairs
Mr. Rooter Plumbing offers specialized water line repairs for residents throughout Charlotte, North Carolina. We first use sewer cameras to inspect your pipeline and examine the damage. The video allows our techs to determine what needs to be repaired and where. Sewer camera inspections also reveal extensive destruction that requires complete pipe replacements. By utilizing video technology, we determine the most effective, affordable, and long-lasting solutions for your home’s water line. No guessing required when our technicians know exactly what’s going on below the surface.
Call (704) 842-9508 to schedule water line replacement near you today!
How do you repair the leak without excavating my yard?
After the sewer camera inspection, we use pipe relining to create a new pipe inside of the existing one. Pipe relining replaces specific areas of your water line without disrupting the entire system. Pipe relining is fast and doesn’t require excavation, so you’ll hardly notice we’re doing anything to your yard. The new pipes are sturdy and fit perfectly into the old ones. They create a durable and strong water line that won’t suffer from leaks or clogs, making pipe relining an exceptional long-term solution.
Water Line Replacement & Installation Services
It is possible that a repair might not be enough, and you might need a completely new water line. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte we will be honest about when replacing a damaged water line is in your best interest. We will always arrive at your property in a timely manner as well as bring all of the proper tools and equipment to restore and get your water lines functioning as they should.
Why replace my water line instead of repair?
Over time, water lines get exposed to a lot of elements that can cause damage, such as:
- Freezing during extremely cold weather, which can distort the pipe.
- Shifting as the ground on your property moves around, which can shift your water pipe out of place.
- Any type of erosion which can move all your pipes out of place as well as cause them to deteriorate.
- Natural elements like trees that have roots that can invade your water lines.
Tree roots are a common cause of plumbing problems that can make it to where your water flow is almost non-existent or even unsafe to drink.
Any of these problems can lead to you needing water line replacement and installation services.
What You Should Know Before a Water Line Service
While you might have heard the term “water line” before, many still don’t know how residential water lines affect their property. Yet a great number of home and businesses-owners will have to undergo professional water line repair or replacement at some point.
- Your water lines work in conjunction with the water main: When water mains spring a leak, they can affect the plumbing in your home or business, preventing potable (aka drinking) water from reaching your property via water supply lines. However, leaks in the supply lines can be just as big of an issue. While replacing your water main may be the solution if you’re not getting adequate water supply, often you will need to change the one-inch copper lines that transport the potable water from the water main throughout the house if you are having issues with water distribution.
- Many natural factors wear water lines down overtime: While water lines have gotten safer and stronger in years since lead piping was switched out for copper tubing, there are still a host of naturally occurring influences outside and underground that can break down water lines over time. Tree roots, rotting stumps, and animals all pose a risk to the life of your water lines the longer they are in use.
- Look out for mineral stains: Discolored water is a key sign there is a problem with your water supply line. If the water in your home is stained red or brown, there’s a good chance it’s because the supply lines are deteriorating, or there’s a leak letting dirt into your pipes.
- Listen for noises coming from your pipes or water main: The only time you should hear noise coming from your water main or pipes is when you’re in the shower, using the sink, or using running water in some other way. If you’re hearing noise and you’re not running water at all, there’s a good chance there’s a problem in your supply line.
- If your yard is wet and it hasn’t rained, you could have a problem: Another indicator of leaky or broken supply lines is a wet yard. In these instances, cracks or leaks will let out a stream of water, soaking into the ground below your property and making your grass damp or soggy.
- In some cases, water pressure can also indicate issues: Although many factors can influence the flow and pressure of water in your home, issues with water lines may occasionally be a contributing factor. If you have tried everything to fix your low water pressure and still nothing is working, it may be time to call someone to take a look at your supply lines.
- Pay attention to that bill: Sudden spikes in your water bill are a classic indicator that your supply lines are leaking or damaged and should be replaced.
- You may need to dig deep to remove blockages: One of the reasons repairing and replacing water lines is such a large task is that removing obstructions may require professionals to dig deep into the ground. Occasionally, that means jackhammering through concrete to access the water lines below.
- Where you live can affect the job: In areas of the country that get excessively cold, where temperatures dip below zero and the ground freezes, replacing water lines may be more difficult. Luckily in Charlotte, the temperature usually does not get cold enough for this to be an issue. In other areas, which materials technicians use can also be affected, as elements in the soil can erode copper pipes.
- You may need to secure permission before starting anything: Something else that may vary depending on your location are the rules of local municipalities. In certain areas, you may have to secure official authorization before you hire someone to dig up your water lines.
Our Installation Process
One of the most common times to install a new water line is when you are doing a new build on your Charlotte, NC property. This could be you building a new commercial or residential property. We then come out and install a new water line from the city’s water source, up to where the water will connect to the building. However, that is not the only time where a new water line becomes necessary. If you had a small water line for a small house originally, then built a new home or added an addition, you may need a new water line for that as well. That way, you can increase how much water you have flowing to the house or business to make sure there is plenty to serve everyone.
Another time where you may need a new water line is if you are adding more commercial space to your property. The increase in need creates a situation where a new water line is warranted. No matter what reason you may have for adding a new water line to your Charlotte property, the experienced professional plumbers of Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte can help.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte for Water Line Service?
When you select Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Charlotte, you choose quality. Our highly trained technicians provide expert service to home and business owners in Charlotte and the surrounding areas. We provide our community with scheduled and emergency services designed to maintain and restore the functionality of the property’s plumbing.
Keep Your Water Lines in Good Condition with Mr. Rooter!
Although water line repair and replacement is a big job, various innovations and advances in technology are making it easier all the time. For instance, while supply line replacement almost certainly meant digging up your property in the past, with trenchless sewer lines, these messy overhauls are now a thing of the past!
Regardless of what the job is, at Mr. Rooter, our Charlotte plumbers are here to make it easier on you. We have over 45 years of experience in this business, during which time we’ve practiced and perfected all the tricks of the trade. We also offer 24/7 service, so you never have to worry about plumbing emergencies again. And with special offers for local customers, there’s no reason not to call today.
Find a Local Water Line Plumber
If you need water line services in or around Charlotte, NC, you need Mr. Rooter. From repair to replacement, our water line services are designed to support you.
Call (704) 842-9508 or request an estimate for services online.