Problems May Be Rooted in Your Yard
The first step in sewer system repairs is figuring out the exact cause of the issue. Much of the time, leaks and broken pipes are due to tree root intrusions. Leaky pipes and condensation can attract tree roots and cause them to grow into the pipes. Aging pipes with holes and cracks are especially susceptible to these intrusions. Once you have one root worked into the system, it's more likely that others will start to dig the hole deeper as well.
Getting Rid of Tree Root Intrusions
Good news! Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Columbia Missouri can take care of tree root intrusions with haste. Our team is known for prompt service and tailored plumbing solutions. Here are a few ways we stop root growth and restore your pipes:
- Drain Cleaning: Before we try anything else, we'll need to clean your drains and clear the tree root clog. Our comprehensive drain cleaning process ensures water can flow freely and we can see the extent of the damage.
- Hydro Jetting: Hydro Jetting produces excellent long-term results. Your service professional will use pressurized water jets to get rid of all kinds of debris, from tree roots to cooking grease.
- Pipe Lining: Pipe lining is a great way to permanently fix your failing pipes. During this process, we'll insert a new lining into the old pipe. Once it adheres to the existing surface, you'll have a brand-new pipe formed inside the old one. Not to worry—relining won't require trenching or ruining your landscape!
- Pipe Bursting: If your pipes are severely damaged, we may recommend pipe bursting. We use hydraulics to break apart old pipes and simultaneously install a new seamless one. Pipe bursting is used for pipes made from clay, cast iron, and PVC.
- Frequent Maintenance: It can be tempting to let maintenance fall by the wayside, but it truly is the best way to avoid a sewer system backup. The team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Columbia Missouri offers an inspection and a drain cleaning plan to prevent the need for repairs in the future.
Avoid a Sewer System Backup in the First Place
In addition to regular maintenance, there are several ways to avoid the sewer system backup repair cost. First, don't plant new trees on the absorption field. Keeping your sewer in mind as you're planting new trees keeps their roots away from the pipes in the first place. Here are a few more simple ways to avoid broken pipes:
- Don't flush anything down the toilet that isn't toilet paper
- Never pour grease or oil down the drain
- Take care of clogs right away
- Consider installing an exterior cleanout or sewer backup valve
- Know when to call a trusted service professional
Is It Time to Call in a Professional?
If you've noticed any tell-tale signs of a sewer system backup, you should get in touch with a local service professional. Plumbing emergencies won't fix themselves and will only worsen with time. In fact, a sewer backup can cause widespread damage and pose a health risk to you and your family. Fortunately, you can count on Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Columbia Missouri to provide excellent service and guaranteed workmanship.
Get in Touch with Us Today
Don't wait to address a sewer system backup! Our service professionals will visit your Columbia, MO home, evaluate your system, and suggest the best method of repair. Whether you have a tree root intrusion or another issue with your sewer, rest assured we can fix it. Schedule your appointment today.