What Causes Sewer Line Damage?
Certain conditions and habits make it much more likely that you’ll need professional sewer line repair. These are the most common causes of sewer line damage:
- Tree root intrusions from planting trees, shrubs, or bushes too close to the sewer line.
- Heavy rain, storms, or earthquakes.
- Frequent freezing and thawing of the sewer pipes.
- Heavy traffic or construction overhead or nearby.
- Poorly designed or installed sewer lines.
- Backup from the city’s sewer system.
- Age-related damage, corrosion, or breakage.
- A buildup of sludge in the sewer line, such as hair, oil, grease, waste, toilet paper, and other debris.
- Lack of regular sewer line maintenance like drain cleaning services.
How Do You Know if You Need Sewer Line Repair?
If you notice any of these warning signs of problems with your home’s sewer line, call us. These signs indicate that you likely need sewer line repair or replacement:
- Dirty, smelly water is backing up into your toilets or drains.
- Your water bill suddenly goes up without warning.
- A gurgling noise or other sounds coming from the pipes.
- Your yard or lawn has wet spots, and you don't know why, or you keep finding marshy pools of dirty water in the yard.
- A sewer smell lingers, or your drains smell like rotten food or mildew.
- Pests like rodents and roaches are attracted to your yard or home.
- Your toilet's water level goes up and down, or you have frequently clogged toilets.
- There is mold or mildew growth on the walls or cracks in the foundation.
- Your lawn is suddenly greener than ever, especially near the sewer closeout pipe.
Our Sewer Line Repair Methods
Our trenchless sewer line repair methods mean we don't have to dig up your yard or demolish walls to get to your sewer pipes. To determine which method works best, we'll first complete a plumbing video inspection where we thread a small camera through your pipes. By watching the footage, we can find where the problem is and what is causing it. We'll then recommend one of these methods of sewer line repair:
- Pipe Relining - First, we will clean your sewer line with our hydro jetting process, which uses pressurized water to push debris, tree roots, sludge, trash, and other buildups out of your pipes. We will then repair broken or cracked sewer pipes with our pipe relining process. We insert a sleeve through the pipe, and as it hardens and expands, it creates a seal. These seals up leaks, cracks, and breaks and prevents new ones.
- Pipe Replacement - If we can’t use pipe relining, we can use hydraulics to burst the broken pipe. We then pull a new sewer pipe through the old one.
Preventing Residential Sewer Line Problems
You can often prevent plumbing problems and reduce the risk you’ll need sewer line repairs. Our Advantage Plan makes it easier to schedule plumbing maintenance like drain cleaning services, sewer line inspections, and more. By keeping up with sewer line maintenance, you can avoid costly sewer line problems. Use these tips to prevent residential sewer line issues:
- Only flush toilet paper and waste down the toilets.
- Don’t plant trees, bushes, or shrubs near the sewer line.
- Don’t rinse fat, oil, grease, paint, or pieces of food down the drains.
- Schedule regular sewer line inspections and drain cleaning services.
- Fix plumbing problems as soon as you notice them.
Sewer Line Replacement Methods
We will only recommend sewer line replacement if sewer line repair isn't possible. This might be because the damage to the sewer line is too extensive to repair, or the sewer lines are too old and will keep needing repair year after year. We make our sewer line replacement methods as easy and fast as possible for the convenience of our customers. We use a trenchless residential sewer line replacement method. We use a small hole at the front and back of the piping to guide the new sewer line into place. Our sewer pipes can last up to 100 years and are resistant to chemicals, tree roots, leaks, and breaks.
Call Us For Sewer Line Repairs in Hattiesburg, MS
If you need fast sewer line repairs in Hattiesburg, MS, call us at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Hattiesburg. We can solve your sewer line problems quickly so you can get back to your normal life. Our trenchless sewer line repairs are cost-effective and less invasive than other methods, and we preserve the beauty of your yard and home. Request a job estimate online or call our 24/7 live answering service to find out the cost of sewer line repairs.