Signs You Need Residential Water Heater Replacement
Most water heaters have a lifespan of 11-20 years if they are well-maintained during that time. Many factors can contribute to a water heater's decline, including improper water heater installation, keeping it outside and exposed to the elements, and not scheduling timely water heater repairs. Our service professionals are always upfront and honest about whether you'd benefit from water heater replacement. Sometimes, it will be more cost-effective to have a new water heater installed, especially if it is energy efficient. When choosing between water heater repair and replacement, we consider these factors:
- Your water heater is over 15 years old.
- It was rarely maintained or not maintained well.
- You’ve been paying for water heater repairs for the last 5 years.
- Your family isn’t getting enough hot water for their needs.
- The cost to heat your water has increased.
- You are more eco-conscious now than when you installed your previous water heater.
Our Water Heater Replacement Options
If we determine that you'd benefit from water heater replacement, we can walk you through the best water heater to install. Each has pros and cons, and we'll help you find the right one for your lifestyle, needs, and budget. We can install these types of water heaters in your home:
- Traditional/Standard Water Heater - ;A standard water heater has a large storage tank that can hold 30-60 gallons of water. The water is heated with electricity, propane, natural gas, or fuel oil and stays in the tank until you're ready to use it. If you install a highly efficient conventional water heater, you may see up to a 7% reduction in water heating costs.
- On-demand/Tankless Water Heater - ;An on-demand or tankless water heater only heats water as needed, rather than storing it in a tank. It uses a heat exchanger to heat the water quickly using electricity, natural gas, or propane, so you always have hot water when you need it. If you install a tankless water heater, you may see up to a 30% reduction in water heating costs.
- Heat Pump/Hybrid Water Heater - ;A heat pump or hybrid water heater has a tank but uses an electric heat pump to transfer warm air from the room to the water inside the unit. This heats the water quickly. Installing a hybrid water heater may give you up to a 60% reduction in water heating costs.
Schedule Water Heater Repair or Replacement in Hattiesburg, MS
If you're ready to find out if you need water heater repair or replacement in Hattiesburg, MS, call us at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Hattiesburg. We can give you a job estimate for the cost of water heater repair or replacement and help you figure out which option is best for you. Call our 24/7 live answering service, schedule an appointment online, or request a job estimate through our website.