Causes of Sewer System Backups
When you know the common causes of sewer system backups, you can prevent one from happening in the first place. We can help you implement a sewer backup prevention system and maintain your sewer line so you're less likely to develop a burst pipe, break, leak, or clogged sewer line. We also offer a preventative maintenance Advantage Plan that makes it easier to schedule routine plumbing services. Regular sewer line inspections and drain cleaning services can significantly lower your risk of a residential sewer system backup. Follow these tips to prevent a sewage backup:
- Never flush anything other than toilet paper and waste down your toilet. Don't flush baby wipes, flushable wipes, wet wipes, makeup remover wipes, cardboard, facial tissues, paper towels, or other trash.
- Keep kids and pets out of the bathroom unless they’re supervised. They might knock toys or small objects into the toilet, which can cause a major clog.
- Don't plant trees, bushes, or shrubs near the sewer line. This prevents tree root intrusions from separating the pipes and clogging them with debris.
- Stay on top of sewer line maintenance, like sewer line inspections and drain cleaning services.
- Get clogged drains and other plumbing repairs completed right away.
- Take note of how often your pipes freeze and thaw. This pattern could cause structural issues or burst pipes.
- Have your sewer line inspected after heavy rains and storms, earthquakes, or periods of increased traffic or construction nearby.
- Don’t rinse food, oil, grease, fat, paint, or other foreign objects down the drain.
How We Repair Sewer System Backups
When you call us to repair a sewer system backup, we do a plumbing video inspection. This allows us to find the location and cause of the sewage backup, so we know how to proceed. We'll then walk you through our trenchless methods for repairing a sewer system backup:
- Hydro Jetting and Drain Cleaning - Our hydro jetting and drain cleaning services will break up even the largest, most stubborn clogs deep within your sewer line. We use pressurized water jets to break apart clogs and flush them into the city's sewer system, so your sewer line flows freely again.
- Rooter Work - Rooter work can clear tree root intrusions, hair, sludge, dirt, rocks, debris, and other hard-to-move items that clog up sewer lines.
- Pipe Relining - Once we have cleaned the sewer line, we can repair cracked, broken, or damaged pipes. Our pipe relining method doesn't require us to dig a trench. Instead, we pull a quick-hardening sleeve through your pipes. The sleeve expands to create a seal, fixing breaks and preventing leaks and damage.
- Pipe Bursting - If pipe relining isn't possible, we recommend hydraulic pipe bursting. This breaks apart your damaged, old sewer pipe so we can guide you to a new one.
Call for Sewer System Backup Service in Hattiesburg, MS
If you have more than one clogged drain, strange smells around your home, and water backing up into your drains, call us for sewer system backup service in Hattiesburg, MS. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Hattiesburg, we always show up on time and work efficiently so you can quickly return to your normal life. We never charge overtime fees and are always transparent about the costs of sewer line repairs. Call our 24/7 live answering service, schedule an appointment online, or request a job estimate through our website.