Residential Sewer System Backups in the Eureka, CA Area
We Repair Sewer System Backups Quickly Without Mess
If you have multiple clogged drains throughout your house, your drains are backing up into your sinks or bathtub, or you smell a strong odor of sewage inside or outside your home, you may have a sewer system backup. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Humboldt & Del Norte, we respond quickly to residential sewer system backups in Eureka, CA, and surrounding areas. We know that the sooner we repair sewer system backups, the easier and more cost-effective the process will be. If you notice early warning signs of a sewer system backup on your property or want advice on sewer backup prevention, call our 24/7 live answering service. We also offer job estimates online.
What Causes a Residential Sewer System Backup?
Residential sewer system backups are caused by clogs or breaks in the drainpipes or main sewer lines that run underground to your home. Sewer pipes can become clogged by hair, grease, oil, bathroom products, dirt, debris, tree roots, other organic matter, and other sludge or solid materials. The longer you wait to repair a sewer system backup, the bigger and more serious the problem will become. If you notice any of the warning signs of a sewer system backup, call us today to schedule an appointment with a service professional.
Recognizing a Sewer System Backup
When you know how to recognize a sewer system backup, you can call a professional before the problem becomes bigger and costlier. If you see any of these signs of a sewer system backup, call us today and we’ll send a service professional to your home to inspect and repair the problem:
- Multiple clogged drains, or multiple drain clogs including the toilet
- Water backing up into the shower, bathtub, or sink drains
- Sewage backing up into the shower, bathtub, or sink drains
- A strong sewer odor near your drains or outside your home
- Strange noises coming from your toilet or the drains
- Standing water near the shower, tub, sink, washing machine, or dishwasher
- Standing water near your basement floor drain
What Are Tree Root Intrusions?
A tree root intrusion occurs when trees or shrubs are planted in the sewer line absorption field. As the trees grow, their roots stretch downward looking for water. These roots often find water in your sewer pipes, which can cause significant damage. As the roots grow and expand, they infiltrate your sewer pipe, causing cracks, breaks, and a buildup of debris and organic matter that leads to a clog. Eventually, you’ll have a sewer system backup.
How We Repair Sewer System Backups
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Humboldt & Del Norte, we use an innovative trenchless method to repair sewer system backups. First, we inspect and diagnose your sewer line problem using a video camera inspection method. This helps us determine the location, cause, and extent of your sewer line problem. Next, we'll recommend one of these methods to repair sewer system backups:
- Rooters & Drain Cleaning - We first clear your sewer line clog using powerful plumbing rooters. Once the line is cleared, we will fully clean out all debris, so your sewer is functioning again. We’ll then determine if a more permanent solution is required.
- Hydro Jetting - Our hydro jetting service uses very powerful pressurized water jets to clear out all debris from your sewer line. These hydro jets can push grease, hair, sludge, debris, organic matter, and more through the pipes and into the city’s sewer system.
- Pipe Relining - Our innovative and advanced pipe relining process allows us to seal your sewer pipes without digging a trench or demolishing structures. We use a special sleeve to seal the pipe and prevent further water leakage.
- Pipe Bursting - If we can’t use our pipe relining technique, we will use hydraulics to burst your pipe, break it apart, and remove it. At the same time, we’ll install a brand-new pipe as a permanent solution to sewer system backups.
- Routine Plumbing Maintenance - As a method of sewer backup prevention, we recommend that all our customers commit to routine plumbing maintenance. Our Advantage Plan makes it easy to schedule sewer line inspections, drain cleaning, plumbing repairs, and more so you can prevent another sewer system backup.
Maintaining a Sewer Backup Prevention System
You can prevent a sewer system backup by avoiding planting trees and shrubs in the absorption field of your sewer system and making sure you schedule routine plumbing maintenance. It's also important to get clogged drains fixed as soon as possible, keep up with routine plumbing repairs, and even schedule regular video camera inspections of your sewer line. It's very beneficial to sign up for our Advantage Plan so we can take care of these tasks for you.
Need Repair of a Sewer System Backup in Eureka, CA?
Do you need repair for a sewer system backup or a sewer backup prevention system? Call us today at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Humboldt & Del Norte. We have a live, 24/7 answering service where dispatchers are standing by to take your call and schedule service appointments, and we also offer job estimates online. We will never charge you overtime fees, and we offer upfront pricing so you know exactly how much it will cost to repair a sewer system backup. Our trenchless system for plumbing repairs means we can get jobs done quickly without needing to dig up your yard. To find out if you need to repair or replace your sewer line in Eureka, Arcata, or Fortuna, CA, request a job estimate online today. We’d be happy to discuss sewer backup prevention system costs with you!