Residential Clogged Drain Cleaning in Grants Pass and Medford, OR
Trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing to Clear Your Drains
Medford and Grants Pass, OR residents trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Josephine & Jackson Counties with our comprehensive solutions for a broad range of household plumbing problems. We provide quick and effective solutions to clogged drains to ensure your water keeps flowing through your drains without obstructions slowing or stopping it. This simple plumbing service ensures foul odors, gurgling toilets, and slow-draining sinks don’t ruin your family’s daily lives. A residential plumbing system is complex and includes a network of components like pipes and valves, working together to channel water and waste to and from your home’s drains, fixtures, appliances, and other features. Your drains are integral to your plumbing system’s efficacy and must stay clear for reliable water flow. When your drain develops a clog, prompt, professional service is necessary to restore your drain’s unobstructed channel to prevent issues like water damage.
How Important Are the Drains in My Home?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Josephine & Jackson Counties understands that a clogged drain can be a stressful and messy problem. Your drains serve a single purpose: transporting wastewater away from your house. Typically, you’ll find particles in wastewater, such as soap, dust, dirt, and food. These particles can build up in your drains and affect their water flow or even form clogs that block them completely. Our service professionals will gladly resolve clogs and particle buildup by performing clogged drain cleaning services. Homeowners always get five-star drain plumbing services from us as we restore their wastewater flow in residential clogged drains. Even minor clogs in residential drains can ultimately cause damage, bad odors, and sink, toilet, and tub backups. All home drains to channel water and waste to the same place, so you can develop issues in other drains when one has a problem.
Signs Your Drain Has a Clog
It can be more challenging to spot a clogged drain than you might assume. People commonly catch clogs in their drains when water drains slowly or doesn’t drain at all, leading to backed-up sinks. However, this example is only one sign you need a seasoned professional to clean your drain. You can look for several other signs to tell you to have a clog. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Josephine & Jackson Counties advises homeowners to reach out to our service professionals for an assessment and resolution to your drain issue whenever one or more of the following signs show up in your home:
- Backed-up toilets
- Bad odors coming from drains
- Gurgling and slow-draining sinks
- Bubbling sounds coming from your toilets
- Water puddles forming on the floor near sinks, showers, bathtubs, and laundry appliances
What Drains Are in My Home?
All your home’s drains have a singular responsibility, and Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Josephine & Jackson Counties has impressive expertise in all problems drains develop. Clogs can form in drains for different reasons, so you need a service professional to find the best solution. We've outlined standard drains in residential structures and the various reasons they clog:
- Bathroom Drains – Toothpaste, soap, and hair are the most common materials causing bathroom drain clogs. Simple drain covers in your shower or tub will collect loose hairs as they wash out every time you bathe. You can also run hot water while brushing your teeth to prevent toothpaste from hardening in your pipes and forming an obstruction.
- Kitchen Drains – Bits of food, oil, and grease are the main kitchen drains clog culprits. Whenever you clean your kitchen following a meal, these materials wash down your drain as you rinse and scrub your dishes. Oil and grease are incredibly problematic since they stick and harden inside your pipes. You can reduce your risk of clogs with the garbage disposal, but we advise you to avoid washing specific foods like meat, bones, and fibrous vegetables down your drain.
- Floor Drains – Leaves, dust, and dirt commonly clog floor drains in your home. You can find these drains in laundry rooms, basements, and garages. Clogs in your floor drains can cause backups and result in floor damage. While you may not see these drains daily, you should still clean them regularly to reduce the chance of developing clogs.
Helpful DIY Solutions to Clogged Drains
To identify a clogged drain, one of the best places to start is determining if your sink has drainage issues. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Josephine & Jackson Counties provides a list of simple ways to try to fix a clogged drain yourself before calling us for help:
- Prepare a pot or kettle of hot water while letting your sink drain if it still has some water movement. Boiled water can effectively clear clogs composed of hardened oils and fats in your drain. Carefully pour the kettle of hot water down your drain after the water drains most or all the way. We strongly recommend scheduling routine cleanings and inspections to keep your pipes draining effectively.
- You can use a plunger and drain snake as another simple way to get rid of clogs. Sink plungers are smaller than other options and easier to manage. You can use a sink plunger to pull a clog near the drain opening and then pull the clogged material out of your drain using a drain snake. Instead of flushing the material down your pipe and risking further obstructions, we advise you to throw it away in your trash.
- Your next step is calling our service professionals if your clog still doesn’t clear from the solutions mentioned above. A standard drain snake can’t snag clogs lodged too deep in your plumbing, such as tree roots invading and clogging your pipes. More extensive plumbing solutions are necessary for this clogged type.
Schedule Drain Solutions in Grants Pass, OR
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Josephine & Jackson Counties’ residential cleaning services for clogged drains ensure your drains stay in top condition to channel water and waste efficiently. Making drain cleaning a DIY project might not provide the same long-lasting or effective as having a seasoned professional complete this service. Our team of service professionals will clear your drains with quick and conclusive solutions to ensure your water flows without obstructions slowing or blocking it. Get in touch with us today to request an in-home estimate and schedule an appointment for friendly, conclusive service at your Grants Pass or Medford, OR home.