Some homeowners may worry that they will miss a leak, but these have telltale signs and symptoms. These may include:
- That annoying dripping sound. If you’re constantly hearing a dripping noise, it’s a sure sign a leak is nearby.
- Rust stains. The drains around your sinks, the base of your faucets, and the floor around tubs may have rust stains if you have a persistent leak.
- Higher than normal water bill. If you have an unexplained spike in your water bill, get a plumber out immediately, because you likely have a leak.
- Squeaky faucets. If you notice a squeaking sound when you turn your taps on and off, you may have a larger problem on your hands.
- Moldy smell. If you notice a musty smell or think your home always smells of rotting food, you may have a leak that’s encouraged mold growth. Get it checked out as soon as possible.
Small amounts of standing water around your sinks, toilets, and drains can mean you have a leaking problem. If any of these symptoms sound familiar, we recommend calling the experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our plumbing professionals will identify the source and tend to it before it creates any more damage in your home.