The signs of a leak include:
- Musty odor or mildew
- Sagging ceiling or walls
- Wet spots or puddles
- Higher water usage bill
- Bubbling or rattling pipe noises
- Squeaking when you turn on a faucet
Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Katy to fix your leaking plumbing.
Leaking You Can Solve On Your Own
The most manageable leaks are the ones that come from your fixtures, like sinks, showers, or toilets. If a faucet or fixture is the source of the leak, you can actually do repairs on your own before calling a plumbing service. Faucet leaks are often the result of a broken seal or o-ring, so a simple parts replacement may solve your leak.
- Turn off the water supply to your leaky faucet
- Remove the washers and o-rings from your sink
- Remove the wax seal from your toilet (which holds it to the floor)
- Take the broken parts to a hardware store to replace
If this doesn’t solve your issue, the real problem might be a broken water line. Because these leaks occur within your walls, they are much harder to detect—unfortunately, few people recognize there’s an issue until property damage is caused. Most homeowners don’t have the tools to handle broken water lines or leaking water heaters on their own—feel free to call our plumbing company in Katy for reliable, efficient leak repairs. We have you covered!
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Katy is here for you. Call!