Mr. Rooter Sewer System Backup Services in Katy
Tree roots and other debris can prove destructive to your plumbing. The experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing provide quality septic and sewer repair services all over Katy county. We handle jobs large and small, and can handle any type of property layout.
Know the Warning Signs of Sewer System Backup
A sewer system backup, left unattended, can cause thousands of dollars’ worth of damage. That’s why it’s essential to address the problem as soon as possible. Keep an eye out for these telltale signs:
- Water backup from a toilet, shower, or sink.
- Backups in multiple drains.
- Strong sewage odor coming from your drains or around your home.
- Gurgling sounds from your drains or toilet.
- Pools of water around your basement floor drains.
Common Causes of Sewer System Backup
Your sewer can be backing up from any number of causes, but one of the most common we see are tree root intrusions. When your pipes have a leak, roots sense it and seek out the moisture for nourishment. Little roots can slip through the tiniest of cracks in your plumbing. You may have a tree root intrusion if you notice gurgling sounds coming from your toilet or no water in the bowl.
Our approach will vary depending on the extent of the problem, but may include:
- Drain cleaning, including with HydroScrub® technology. We can banish tree roots from your system with highly pressurized water and an industrial-strength unit.
- Pipe lining. This is a permanent solution in which we line your sewer pipe with a “sleeve,” so tree roots can no longer infiltrate.
- Pipe bursting. If the damage is extensive, we may need to break apart your old piping and simultaneously install a new one.
If you notice signs of a sewer problem, call Mr. Rooter Plumbing as soon as possible, even if you think it’s an isolated clog. We also offer preventive services for your convenience.