How Do Sewer Lines Become Damaged?
Residential sewer lines become compromised more often than you might suspect. They are underground and constantly exposed to hydrostatic pressure, shifting soil, and tree root intrusion. These factors, and many others, can damage your sewer line without your knowledge. Any damage to your sewer line can cause your toilets, sinks, and drains to become unusable. When you call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lafayette LA, we will do more than simply fix your plumbing. We will help you diagnose the source of the damage and give you recommendations for preventing future issues. Some of the most common sources of sewer line damage include the following:
- Insufficient maintenance
- Improperly installed, designed, or laid out sewer lines
- Tree roots growing into cracks or joints on your sewer line
- Accumulated oil, grease, sludge, toilet paper, hair, and other debris
- Backup from the city’s main sewer line
- Age-related wear and tear
- Shifting soil from an earthquake or nearby construction
How Can I Tell If My Sewer Line Is Damaged?
Sometimes it can be tough to know when your sewer line has become damaged. Sewer lines are buried underground, between 18 inches and six feet deep. So, it’s not like you can just give them a quick visual inspection. However, repairing a sewer line when it just begins to have an issue is much more affordable than waiting until it is unavoidable. Often, unrepaired issues can compromise the entire sewer line and result in the need to replace it altogether. Some of the most common signs that your sewer line is damaged or broken include the following:
- Low water levels in your toilet
- Sewage backups in your toilets or bathtubs
- Drains that begin flowing slower than usual
- Flooding in your yard, even when it has not rained
- Noticeably greener sections of your lawn, especially near your sewer line
- An unpleasant smell in your basement or around your yard
Options for Fixing a Broken Sewer Line
Depending on the extent of the damage, there are several different methods for fixing a broken sewer line. We always strive to give you good, better, best options, along with the residential sewer line repair costs for each option. Some of the common ways that we address sewer line repair and replacement services include:
- Preventative Maintenance – The best way to fix a problem is to prevent it from happening in the first place. That’s also true when it comes to caring for your sewer line. We can inspect your sewer line, clean your drains, and take measures to prevent major problems from occurring.
- Pipe Relining – This method can fix all sorts of cracks and leaks in your sewer line. We place a waterproof sleeve into your freshly cleaned sewer line. Then, that sleeve will harden after a few hours, effectively creating a new inner wall for your pipe.
We Offer Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement Services
If your sewer line is severely damaged, your best option may be to replace it altogether. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lafayette LA replaces residential sewer lines without digging trenches or tearing up your lawn. Our trenchless sewer line replacement projects are competitively priced and can be completed relatively quickly when compared to other methods. We are always available to meet with you to answer questions and explain the residential sewer line replacement costs ahead of time.
Performing Commercial Sewer Line Repairs and Replacements
The sewer lines on commercial properties get more use than the average home’s sewer line. This means that keeping your business’s sewer line in good condition is critical. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lafayette LA can repair and replace sewer lines on commercial properties. We work with businesses on a regular basis. So, we have methods and techniques that minimize the disruption to your daily operations while performing reliable sewer line services.
Schedule a Sewer Line Repair or Replacement Appointment!
Do you suspect that your sewer line has been damaged or broken? Don’t lose any sleep over it. Get help from a team of qualified service professionals. As part of a franchise with 50 years of experience and more than 200 locations nationwide, we have the resources to handle any job. You can schedule an appointment any time of day or night through our 24/7 live answering service. Schedule your residential sewer line repair or replacement service appointment today!