Get Hot Water Heater Repair & Replacement in Lafayette, LA
Understanding Residential Water Heater Repair & Replacement
Hot water is a modern convenience that we often take for granted. Your home’s water heater continually works to ensure you have warm water for bathing, doing laundry, and washing dishes. It can be a shock when your water heater breaks down and you step into a cold shower. While your water heater is down, it can feel like your life is in disarray. Luckily, you have a local team with experience fixing water heaters. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lafayette LA performs hot water heater repair and replacement services in Lafayette, Louisiana. We will diagnose the problem with your water heater and explain your options for repairing or replacing it. Learn more about tour residential water heater repair and replacement services.
Signs That Your Water Heater Has a Problem
If you can identify a problem with your water heater early, you may never have to deal with the inconvenience of a complete outage. This can be challenging for the average homeowner. Water heater problems can present themselves in many different ways. Sometimes it’s as subtle as an unusual noise. Sometimes it’s as obvious as a lack of hot water. Some of the most common signs that your hot water heater needs repairs include the following:
- Your water heater does not supply enough hot water to finish bathing or to do a complete load of dishes
- You have to wait too long for your water heater to produce more hot water
- Your water heater’s tank leaks
- Your water heater starts making unusual noises
What Is the Typical Life Expectancy of a Water Heater?
The industry standard for a water heater’s lifespan is somewhere between 11 and 20 years, but that can vary. Some water heaters will last longer than others, based on brand, style, and maintenance routine. If you want to get the most out of your water heater, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lafayette LA offers plumbing maintenance services and plumbing repair services to help you keep your unit in top working condition for years.
Choosing a New Water Heater
One of the most common questions we are asked when a homeowner’s water heater has a problem is, “Is it better to repair or replace my water heater?” While Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lafayette LA is always happy to give recommendations and help you understand your options, that is a decision that each homeowner has to make for themselves. Many people’s decision is affected by the potential advantages of modern replacement options. Between gas, electric, tankless, and hybrid models, you can make a serious dent in your monthly water heating costs by upgrading. Some of the options for installing a new water heater include the following:
- Conventional Water Heaters – These are the most common water heaters. They have a large tank where water is stored and heated until it is needed. Conventional water heaters come in electric and gas varieties. If you have an older model, it may not be as efficient as it could be. Installing an energy-efficient water heater can reduce water heating costs by up to 7%. We are experts in gas and electric water heater repair and replacement services.
- Tankless Water Heaters – If you have space limitations, don’t want to run out of hot water or want to conserve energy, a tankless water heater can deliver on all fronts. Instead of using a tank, a tankless water heater produces hot water the moment it is needed. These units can help you reduce energy costs by up to 30%.
- Hybrid Water Heaters – By combining the heat pump from a tankless unit and the tank from a conventional water heater, hybrid water heaters can meet the highest energy efficiency ratings of any water heater. These units can save you as much as 60% on your monthly energy bill if you select and install the right one.
We Work on Water Heaters in Commercial Properties
Many businesses rely on providing hot water to their customers, such as fitness centers and hotels. Every commercial building should have hot water running in their bathroom sinks, though. During your busy workday, you don’t have time to repair or replace your own water heater. So, you need a team that you can trust for all your water heater services. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lafayette LA can repair or replace water heaters for commercial properties in addition to homes.
Schedule a Water Heater Repair & Replacement Appointment!
Your water heater works hard to keep you and your family comfortable. Make sure that it is in good enough shape to keep doing its job. When you notice a problem with your water heater, call a team of qualified professionals you can trust. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lafayette LA is part of a franchise with more than 50 years of experience and over 200 locally owned locations. We offer upfront pricing for all water heater services and make scheduling a breeze with our 24/7 line for appointment scheduling. Schedule your hot water heater repair and replacement appointment now!