All of your home’s sink, bathtub, shower and toilet drains are connected to the largest piece of plumbing throughout your entire home — the main sewer line. With hair, grease, food waste and debris constantly swirling down your drains, it’s common for your home’s sewer line to become clogged. Signs your sewer line requires attention include:
- Broken or ruptured sewer pipe
- Sagging sewer line
- Tree root damage
- Frequent drain backups
- Several clogged drains or slow drainage
While sewer line clogs can be inconvenient and time-consuming, fixes can easily be performed by specialists with the right tools and equipment — and sometimes even by enterprising homeowners.
Repairing Your Sewer Line
Broken or damaged residential sewer lines can leave behind unpleasant odors, cause property damage and pose potential health risks. The best solution for repairing your sewer line is by addressing the issue quickly to minimize damage to your property and the sewer line. Repair your sewer line by following these steps:
- Locate Where the Sewer Line Is Damaged: Broken sewer lines can cause extensive damage, so it’s important to find where exactly the line has been compromised. If you need to dig to locate the damage, use a shovel versus an automatic machine to avoid causing additional damage to the materials. If the damage to your sewer line lies outside of your property line, contact the city planner’s office for additional guidance.
- Remove the Blockage: After exposing the sewer line damage, use a plumber’s snake to help remove the clog in the pipe. If the blockage is significant, you may need to clear the line by hand. Be sure to wear rubber gloves to minimize exposure to waste and debris.
- Repair the Broken Sewer Line: Once all of the debris has been completely cleared, fix the site of the damage. For sewer lines made from PVC or metal, seal the area using epoxy and pipe sealants. If your line is constructed from concrete, use mortar to seal the lines together.
If your sewer line cannot be easily repaired, or the damage is too severe to address yourself, then a sewer line replacement is the only option remaining to ensure additional damage doesn't occur throughout your home’s plumbing system.
When you need a sewer line replacement, contact your local plumbing repair company. By trusting a licensed and experienced plumbing company, you’re assured your line replacement will be completed by skilled and licensed professionals using the proper tools and equipment.
Trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Oneida for Your Sewer Line Repair and Replacement Services
When you need reliable, knowledgeable and affordable sewer line repair or replacement throughout the Oneida, NY, area, reach out to the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. All of our licensed plumbers are certified by Onondaga county for completing any plumbing-related project. If your sewer line requires attention, our team will respond promptly and quickly locate the source of your sewer line damage and evaluate your system to determine if repair or replacement is your best option.
All of our plumbing repair and replacement services are personalized to fit your needs and budget. To ensure quality services, we offer free service estimates, fair upfront pricing and no overtime charges. Request sewer line repair or replacement services today by calling 315-363-1565 or by completing our online scheduling form.