Homeowners hear bathroom remodels are one of the most expensive projects to tackle. You may think that a bathroom remodel requires you to rip out and replace everything — in reality, a cost-effective bathroom remodel is completely possible. By thinking outside the box, you can find more economical solutions while enjoying a fresh space. After your budget-friendly bathroom remodel, you’ll have both a modern, clean new space but also more money in your pocket. You just have to know what fixtures to save on and which to splurge on.
Bathroom Remodeling on a Budget
Without even realizing it, you can quickly blow through your bathroom remodel budget. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Oneida has tackled hundreds of local bathroom remodeling projects, and we understand the best and most creative ways to save with resourceful, inexpensive solutions like:
- Reusing fixtures: You don’t have to buy all new furnishings and fixtures for your remodel. Stay on budget by refreshing items currently found in your bathroom. For example, refinish your existing vanity, source one from a used furniture store or convert a dresser or cabinet into a vanity. You can also reuse sinks, countertops, flooring and light fixtures.
- Finding quality lookalike materials: If you cannot keep existing furnishings, find inexpensive materials and alternatives that look just as good as high-end finishes but are much more budget-friendly. Instead of laying real wood flooring, try quality vinyl. The latest vinyl flooring options look just as nice as the real thing but are easier to install and maintain. You can also consider using laminate or quartz countertops in place of granite.
- Avoiding plumbing moves: While it is easy to point to an open area and decide the flow of your bathroom would be better if your toilet or showers were moved, these types of intensive plumbing moves are easier said than done. You can easily keep your bathroom remodel on budget by leaving toilets and bathing facilities where they are.
- Updating small fixtures: When you need your bathroom to feel like new but lack the budget to completely renovate the space, look at the little details. You can easily and cost-effectively update small fixtures like lighting, sink faucets, racks and cabinet pulls for a small investment.
- Remodeling in stages: If your bathroom remodel is influenced by cosmetic upgrades alone, save money upfront by remodeling in stages and afford higher-end finishes as you go.
Ready to Refresh Your Bathroom on a Budget? Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Oneida Today
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Oneida, we want to help you transform your dated, drab bathrooms with plumbing updates on a budget. Our certified plumbing experts specialize in a wide range of plumbing solutions designed to make your home and bathrooms more comfortable and effective, including water heater installations, shower and bathtub replacements, fixture upgrades and more. To learn more about our bathroom remodeling services, call us today 315-363-1565 or fill out our online contact form to give us more information about your upcoming remodeling project.