Signs You Need Clogged Drain Repair
Blockages are a common household problem. Cleaning drains regularly can help reduce the occurrence, but as hair, grease, soap, and food travel down pipes, it gets caught along the walls and builds up every time water washes down the drain. Clogged pipes are relatively easy to spot. Keep an eye out for the following and contact us for quick remedies.
- Water backing out of sink drains
- Slow draining or pooled water in tubs or showers
- Bubbling in the toilet when using the bathroom faucet
- Gurgling sounds from the drain after running the dishwasher or clothes washer
- Scents of rotting food from the kitchen sink drain
Home Remedies to Clear a Clogged Drain
Sometimes a clogged drain fix can be handled by a homeowner and won’t require professional plumbing services. These options work best if the clog is detected early or not located too far down the pipe. If you have grease buildup, putting some dish liquid in the drain and letting it sit overnight can help break it down. Another home remedy includes putting baking soda down the drain and following it with white vinegar. The small chemical reaction can break down gunk, freshen your pipes, and eliminate odors. The best tool a homeowner can use is a plunger. Follow these steps to use a plunger for a sink drain.
- Take out the drain stopper if you can
- Plug the sink’s overflow hole with a wet rag
- Place the plunger over the drain hole
- Fill the sink with water to cover the rubber plunger
- Allow a little water to enter the drain
- Work the plunger up and down about 10 or 12 times
- Remove the plunger and check the water flow down the drain
- Do this until it appears the clog has been removed
When to Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Pensacola
If none of the home remedies and DIY methods are successful, reach out to Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Pensacola. We have safe and effective methods to clear tough clogs homeowners can’t eliminate with household tools. We offer upfront pricing and convenient appointment scheduling, and all of our work is backed by the Neighborly Done Right Promise™.
Comprehensive Clogged Drain Services
With commercial-grade tools and qualified service professionals, there isn’t a clogged drain we can’t handle. Anywhere there’s a drain and connected pipes in your home, there’s the potential for a blockage. You can count on us to clear any of the following:
- Kitchen sinks
- Bathroom sinks
- Tubs and showers
- Utility sinks
- Clogged toilets
- Sewer backups
- And more!
We’re Always Here to Take Your Call
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Pensacola offers fast solutions for residential clogged drains in Pensacola and Milton, FL. We know how urgent these matters are, which is why there is always someone here to take your call 24 hours a day. This ensures we schedule your appointment as soon as possible to clear your drains. Contact us to schedule a clogged drain repair service today.