When to Call a Professional for Water Heater Repair Services
Do You Need Electric Water Heater Replacement?
If your water heater is properly installed and well-maintained, it can last between 11-20 years before you need water heater replacement. However, other factors can reduce the lifespan of a water heater. If you have to schedule water heater repairs year after year or your water heater is more than 15 years old, consider a new water heater installation. We'll consider these factors when helping you decide if you need an electric water heater replacement:
- Your water heater is over 15 years old.
- You’ve paid for multiple hot water heater repairs in the past few years.
- The water heater was poorly or improperly installed.
- There has been no maintenance done on the water heater for more than three years.
- The water heater was installed outside and has weather damage.
- Your water heater costs keep going up for no reason.
- Your household’s daily hot water needs have changed and your current water heater can’t keep up.
- You want a more eco-friendly or energy-efficient water heater.
- The cost of electricity or natural gas has increased in your area, and you want to switch water heater types.
Our New Water Heater Installation Services
If you decide to proceed with water heater installation, we can install conventional, tankless, or hybrid water heaters. Learn about the following types of hot water heaters to decide which is right for you:
- Conventional - A conventional water heater is the most recognizable type of water heater for homes. It uses a 30-60 gallon storage tank to keep water hot until you need to use it. The water is heated with electricity, natural gas, propane, or fuel oil. If you choose a high-efficiency conventional water heater installation, your energy bill might decrease by up to 7%.
- Tankless - A tankless water heater uses a heat exchanger to rapidly heat water on demand, so you have it whenever needed. Water isn't stored in a tank. The heat exchanger can be powered by electricity, natural gas, or propane. If you choose a tankless water heater installation, your energy bill might decrease by up to 30%.
- Hybrid - A hybrid water heater uses an electric heat pump to heat water stored in a tank. The heat pump transfers warm air from outside the unit to the interior, where it heats the water quickly. If you choose a hybrid water heater installation, your energy bill might decrease by up to 60%.
After we complete your new water heater installation, we recommend that you sign up for our Advantage Plan. Our Advantage Plan makes it easier to keep up with routine plumbing maintenance services that reduce your risk of bigger, costlier plumbing problems. With annual plumbing inspections, plumbing repairs, drain cleaning services, and more, you can protect your plumbing fixtures and reduce your plumbing costs.
Call for Emergency Water Heater Repair in Port St Lucie, FL
If you're having problems with your water heater and need emergency water heater repair in Port St Lucie, FL, call us today at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of The Treasure Coast. We'll send a service professional to your home to evaluate your water heater and diagnose the problem. We can then recommend residential water heater repair or replacement. To learn more or schedule an appointment, call our 24/7 live answering service or request a job estimate.