In both cases, not having a properly working water heater is not a good situation. And, it is one that needs to be remedied right away. We make it as easy as one phone call to Mr. Rooter in Del Mar for all of your water heater troubles. We have years of experience providing highly-skilled service, installation, and repair work for standard tank water heaters. And, we are proud to offer our clients the latest in energy-efficient water heating technology by providing tankless water heater installation, repair, and maintenance.
Whether you are in a residential or a commercial setting, our team has the specialized training and the equipment to make sure your water heating troubles are a thing of the past.
Standard Tank Water Heaters
Most people have a standard tank water heater in their home or office. This isn’t something that you see everyday because it is kind of an eyesore. But, it is a vertical tube that is probably installed in the basement, garage, or shop building. A standard tank water heater works to keep water hot on-hand, meaning that it is running 24/7 - whether you need hot water or not.
How does a conventional water tank system work?
- The thermostat on the side of the tube is set to a specific temperature. It is recommended that the temperature not be higher than 120 degrees.
- The tank fills with water from the main water source
- The heating element (which is usually powered by either electricity or gas) heats up the entire tankful of water until it reaches the temperature on the thermostat
- When water is used, the tank fills with the same amount of cold water as was used
- This cold water changes the temperature of the water in the tank, and that engages the heating element again.
Each time that you use water from the tank, the system engages to fill the tank with more water and heat it all up. When you are not using the hot water, the system works around the clock to keep the entire tankful of water heated to the specified temperature.
Tankless Water Heating Systems
A tankless water heating system doesn’t have a tank (thus the name), and therefore it cannot heat water up to keep on-hand. Instead, a tankless system will heat the water up on an as-needed basis.
How does a tankless water heater work?
- The hot water fixture or appliance is turned on
- The computer system in the tankless system turns on and heats up the pipes
- As the water moves through the pipes, it is heated up
- The water arrives at the fixture or appliance fully heated
- When the fixture or appliance turns off, the system also turns off
Because a tankless water heating system works on-demand, it is much more energy-efficient than a standard tank water heating system. However, the initial investment of the tankless system could be a bit more, and sometimes the home or business must be retrofitted to accommodate the new system.
Whether you need standard water heater installation services or tankless water heater repair support, you can count on the professionals at Mr. Rooter in Del Mar. Our team is committed giving all of our customers options for the latest in water heater technology and techniques. In both residential and commercial settings, we excel at the water heater repair, maintenance, and installation services that our clients need.