Drain Cleaning & Drain Repair in La Mesa
Having a clog in one of the drains in your plumbing system is probably the most common reason to contact a professional plumber.
But, just because the problem is common, doesn’t make it any less inconvenient or stressful. In fact, in many cases having a clog in one of your drains means not being able to use that plumbing fixture.
Imagine you are preparing a meal for a houseful of guests and suddenly you have a clog in your kitchen drain. Not only do you have a sinkful of bacteria-laden water but, your dinner party is ruined because you are not able to use the kitchen sink anymore.
Mr. Rooter of La Mesa understands how important the drain system for your plumbing is and that is why we make sure to have the knowledge, skills, and equipment to handle any kind of drain cleaning, drain repair, or drain replacement job that you might have.
Where Are My Drains Located?
Your home has several drains. In fact, any plumbing fixture or appliance that uses water has a drain.
The drain is designed to funnel all of the used water and any waste materials out of the fixture or appliance, and carry it away from your home. This leaves your home sanitary and protected from any contamination.
Your drains are all over the house including:
- Kitchen. In your kitchen there is a drain in your sink - this is probably the most important drain because, often it is the one drain that is configured to be used by the dishwasher, garbage disposal, and kitchen sink.
- Bathroom. Your bathroom has the most drains of any room in your home. There is a drain in the sink, toilet, shower, and bathtub. In some cases, the drain for the shower and bathtub is the same because it is a combo unit.
- Laundry room. If you have a utility sink, there is a drain in it. Your washing machine has a drain. And, if your laundry area is in a shop, outbuilding, or garage you might even have a floor drain in the room
Each one of these drains is vulnerable to a clog because they are each used several times per day and are asked to manage a high volume of used water and waste materials. Our team of experts can handle any kind of clog or malfunction in any one of these drains.
Which Behaviors Will Harm My Drains?
While people don’t really think about their drain system very often, they do use the system several times throughout the day. And, that means if they are unintentionally misusing the drain system - this behavior will quickly lead to a problem.
Here are some behaviors to avoid:
- Don’t use over-the-counter drain cleaning chemicals on a regular basis. These products are highly caustic and can cause more damage or harm than good to your drains. Talk with one of our expert plumbers about recommended drain cleaning chemicals.
- Don’t flush anything down the toilet that isn’t toilet paper or human waste. This might sound kind of harsh, but your toilet was only designed to handle small amounts of toilet paper and human waste. Flushing anything else on a regular basis can cause problems.
- Don’t rinse things down the kitchen sink or garbage disposal that are inappropriate. Things like animal grease and vegetable peelings should never be put into the kitchen drain or garbage disposal
While it is best to avoid these behaviors, our team knows that your life is busy, and sometimes you have to cut corners. We have an excellent maintenance plan that can help you to keep your drains clean, using Hydro Scrubbing technology. This process can dramatically reduce the chances of a clog or drain problem from developing.
How Can I Prevent Drain Clogs?
Your life is busy, and it is hard to always be thinking about how you use your plumbing system, but we know that you want to do your best to avoid a drain clog or drain repair situation. And, that is why we offer a comprehensive drain cleaning service.
Our team has been highly-trained in all of the latest drain cleaning and drain repair technology. In fact, for those really tough clogs, we have the equipment and the experience to provide you with HydroScrub technology.
This is a system where we use highly pressurized water to clean the inside walls of your plumbing pipes, and clear those really stubborn clogs.
Anytime you have a drain cleaning, drain repair, or drain replacement need in your La Mesa, Lemon Grove, or Spring Valley home or business - you only have to make one call to get the best customer care and cutting-edge plumbing service.
We provide upfront pricing so you always know how much your plumbing repair project will cost, and we never charge overtime for after-hours calls. In fact, we are so confident in our service that we guarantee the parts and workmanship we provide. Call Mr. Rooter for all of your drain system needs.