Drain Cleaning & Drain Repair in National City
It’s no wonder that your drain system is also one of the most common to require professional plumbing support. Your drains are used several times per day by a variety of people and are responsible for managing a wide variety of materials.
With all of this use, clogs, buildup, and leaks are bound to happen. Luckily, all you have to do in the case of a drain repair, maintenance, or installation need is to call our team of experts. Our plumbers are highly-trained, and travel with all of the specialized tools needed to address any kind of drain cleaning, drain maintenance, drain repair, or drain installation needs that you have.
How Do I Know If I Have A Drain Clog?
And, the bigger the fixture or appliance, the more impactful the plumbing malfunction could be. It is always a good idea to make sure you are staying on top of these kinds of things and keeping your plumbing system well maintained.
Luckily, you don’t have to feel like you are always spying on your plumbing system look for problems. In fact, your plumbing system will give you very clear signs that it needs repair or some kind of maintenance support.
- Drains that move slowly. Shower and bathtub clogs are often caused by a collection of hair in the drain, so this problem is only going to get bigger until the clog is removed.
- Noisy drains. You might have a clog forming in the pipe or the drain line if your sink gurgles after use or when you are not using it at all
- No water draining. If you have water backing up out of your drain, you probably have a clogged drain, and it is likely that you won’t be able to use your sink until this clog is removed.
If you see any of these signs in your plumbing system, make sure to contact us to schedule an appointment. And, if it is an emergency, don’t worry about being charged extra for after hours calls - we know your plumbing system is unpredictable and we will be there no matter what.
Why Do Drain Clogs Happen?
There is a lot of variation when it comes to how your drains are used; who uses them, what they are used for, which materials are rinsed down them, etc.
With all of this variety - there are many reasons that drain clogs occur:
- If your toilets are being misused, and things are flushed down them that are not flushable, a clog will quickly form
- If your garbage disposal is put to the test with items that it is not designed to handle, a clog in the drain will occur
- If your sinks are asked to manage a lot of health and beauty products without maintenance, then corrosion will quickly develop and eventually cause a clog
Make sure to have your drains regularly serviced with our comprehensive maintenance plan. This is the best way to keep your drains in top working condition and avoid a major plumbing disaster.
What Can I Do If My Drain Develops A Clog?
Depending on where your drains are and how they are used, the clogs that develop will require a different approach. However, one approach you should always avoid is using over the counter drain cleaning chemicals. These chemicals can be caustic and could possibly even cause weak spots in your pipes.
One system that you can try for your drain clogs is as follows:
- Make sure that you own a sink plunger. These tools are just as they sound - a smaller version of a toilet plunger
- Depending on which fixture the clog is in, make sure to block the overflow hole or drain hole
- Use the sink plunger to try and push/pull the clog back and forth until it is released and moves on down the line
- If the plunger is not working, use a drain hook to try and catch a portion of the drain clog and remove some of the mass so that the plunger has a better chance
If you are uncomfortable doing any of this, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will never charge you extra for an after-hours call, and you will receive industry-leading skill and outstanding customer care.
For all of your drain cleaning, repair, maintenance, and installation needs - the only call you need to make is to Mr. Rooter of National City. Our team of bonded and insured plumbers are highly-trained and committed to honest and professional service.
We will always arrive at your home or business with the equipment needed to address your drain repair, installation, or maintenance needs. You can rest assured that whether you need a new drain installed, a hydro-scrub service or a drain clog removed - we will do the job thoroughly and professionally.