Drain Cleaning & Drain Repair Service in Poway
The drain system of your residential plumbing is essential to the cleanliness of your home. In fact, the drain of each of your plumbing fixtures and appliances are responsible for carrying away all of the used water and waste that is generated by your household.
If your shower didn’t have a drain, the water, shampoo, and soap would simply collect under your home.
Because your drain system is so important to how sanitary your home is, it is essential that your drains be properly maintained. Luckily, just one call to Mr. Rooter of Poway will get you the professional drain cleaning support that you need.
Best Practices For Keeping Your Drains Clog-Free
While some problems that can arise for your drain system are fairly out of your control, there are many things that you can do to make sure that your drain system stays in top working condition.
Here are just a few examples to help keep your drains clean:
- Use a plunger instead of drain cleaner for clogs. If any of the drains in your home develop a clog, avoid pouring a jug of over-the-counter drain cleaner into it. These cleaners promise quick results but, they can be very damaging to the inside walls of your plumbing pipes. And, the more often that you use them, the more damage they can cause.
- Use drain screens in your bathtub and shower. These small plumbing accessories are a very inexpensive and powerful way to protect your plumbing system from clogs. They are designed to lay over the top of your drains and catch the hair that would otherwise rinse down the drain.
- Be kind to your garbage disposal. The drain in your kitchen sink is responsible for managing the waste from your kitchen sink, garbage disposal, and dishwasher. This means that it can easily get overwhelmed by putting too much food waste into the garbage disposal
By following these best practices for protecting your drain system, you can help to avoid any major drain clogs or drain cleaning needs.
Common Signs That Your Drains Need Service
While maintenance is the best way to avoid a drain clog or drain cleaning need, with time and use your drains, will develop some buildup and could develop clogs.
Luckily, your drain system will give you some subtle clues of these issues so that you can get it addressed sooner than later. Here are some of those clues:
- A gurgling noise coming up from the drain. If the drain is gurgling or making some kind of noise, it is likely that there is a small clog that hasn’t completely blocked the flow of water but is impeding it.
- Water backing up out of the fixture. If there is a large clog that has completely blocked the flow of water, the water will begin to back up and out of the drain into the basin.
- Water moving down the drain very slowly. If you are using a plumbing fixture and the basin is filling with water and draining very slowly, then you probably have a small clog that is only allowing a little bit of water to pass at a time
Make sure to pay close attention to these commons signs of drain problems, and call us right away. The sooner a drain clue can be investigated, the sooner it can be repaired. And, that means that the damage can be minimized.
Tools Used To Clear Clogs
When a drain clog does occur in your plumbing system, there are some things that you can do:
- Use a plunger. There are both sink and toilet plungers that you can use, depending on where the clog is. They look basically the same, but one is smaller than the other. If the clog is in a sink or bathtub drain - make sure that you plug the overflow valve to ensure a good seal
- Use an auger. A plumbing auger is a tool that works to move stubborn clogs that won’t move with a plunger. They come in various sizes, and some are electricity powered
- Use a plumbing snake. You can purchase a plumbing snake at most home improvement stores, and they are great for getting stubborn clogs to move without need any kind of power tool
If you have a clog that just will not move, don’t hesitate to contact your licensed Poway drain cleaning experts at Mr. Rooter. We have all of the special tools and equipment needed to rid your plumbing of clogs - no matter where they are.
You can call our office 24/7 without concern because we never charge extra for after-hours calls. And, we will provide you with upfront pricing so that you know how much the job will cost before we get started.