Rancho Bernardo Water Heater Repair Specialists
There are many tasks that you and your family need to get done on a daily basis. In fact, your home barely runs if you aren’t doing dishes, washing laundry, and preparing meals.
Each member of your household uses your home’s plumbing system, in some form, on a daily basis. And, often that use requires for there to be hot water available. This means that it is essential that your water heater not only be working properly but, that it is as energy-efficient as possible.
The main concern for an energy-efficient water heater is that it is properly maintained and serviced. There are many problems that can be identified while they are small during a regular hot water maintenance appointment. It is important to find problems when they are small because a major water heater malfunction will leave your household without hot water.
Some signs that your water heater needs maintenance include:
- There is hot water but, it doesn’t seem as hot as usual. This could simply be a sign that the water heater is running out of hot water. But, if you wait for 15-minutes, and the water is still just lukewarm this could be a sign of something bigger.
- The water coming out of the tank is cold. If no one has just taken a long shower or done several loads of laundry - then having no hot water is a sign of something wrong.
- A puddle of water on the floor around the water heater. While most water heaters are located in the garage or in a corner somewhere, it is still important to check on your water heater periodically. If there are any signs of leaking - make sure you call us right away
No matter what the signs or the issues are with your water heater, our team can help! We are highly-trained in all types of water heater service and repair needs. And, if your water heater needs to be replaced, we can expertly guide you in your choice for a new one and provide you with outstanding water heater installation service.
Conventional water heater
If your water heater looks like a tall tube that is standing vertically somewhere in your garage or laundry area, you have a conventional water heater. Also known as a standard tank water heater, these systems work on a ‘hot water on-hand’ basis. The way this works is:
- The tank (or tube) of your water heater is filled with water. And, it maintains that much water at all times. Most households have a 35-gallon tank water heater.
- On the side of the tank, there is a thermostat and that thermostat is set to a specified temperature. It is recommended that the temperature be no more than 120 degrees.
- At the bottom of the tank is the heating element. This is usually powered by gas or by electricity. This heating element will turn on anytime the temperature of the water falls below the temperature specified on the thermostat.
- When hot water is used from the tank (washing clothes or taking a shower) The tank will refill with the amount of water that was used, and the heating element will work to heat up all of the water to the desired temperature
This process is constantly going to make sure that you and your family have hot water when you need it. Whether you are home, at work, or even asleep - your standard water heater is working around the clock.
And, with this constant use comes regular wear and tear. This makes standard water heater service and repair a regular occurrence and one that our team knows all about. We will provide your standard water heater with outstanding maintenance and repair. And, if you need water heater installation service - we have the skills and the training to do that too.
Tankless Water Heater
A tankless water heating system works a little bit differently than a standard water heater. These systems are designed to heat water on an as-needed basis.
The general actions of a tankless water heating system are:
- The hot water fixture is turned on and engages the tankless water heating system
- The tankless system heats up the pipes that the hot water runs through
- The heated pipes work to heat the water at approximately 20 degrees per second
- After moving through the heated pipes, the hot water arrives at the fixture or appliance
Once this process is completed, and the hot water fixture is turned off, the system shuts down and waits until hot water is needed again.
This process makes the tankless water heating system much more energy-efficient than the standard tank water heaters. Though, the initial cost of the tankless system is greater.
Our team of expert plumbers can provide you with all of the information and answers that you need to understand your tankless water heating system. Whether you need water heater repair or maintenance service, or you are interested in having a tankless water heating system installed in your home, you can rest assured that our team will provide you with outstanding support.